Chapter 29: Lies

Kol took a deep breath as he entered the Forbidden Forest - the place his father wanted to meet.

He wasn't scared.

This was the man who almost destroyed the Wizardry World, this was the man who had thousands of followers, supporting him even though he was a half blood. Even though his father was a Muggleborn. This man locked Cassie and Kol into the perfect word, causing his girlfriend so much pain, she was devastated weeks after that.

He hated that man only because he hurt Cassie.

"Hello, Kol."

He turned around and saw his father. Kol nodded. "It's been a while, dad. How's the evil plan going?"

"Is there any particular reason why you are asking or..."

"Maybe I have."

Voldemort smiled. "It's all about the girl, isn't it?"

Kol nodded. His father was going to help him only if he was honest. And he could probably say if he was telling the truth or not.

"Well, I could use a spy or two..."

"I am not asking you for a Mark or taking me in your... Circle. I am asking for mine and my friends' safety when it all starts."

Voldemort laughed. "Safety? There is no such thing as safety. You can't run away from this! You realize that two of your friends are Bellatrix's nephew and niece, right? You realize that many people, including the Weasley family, want Philip Greengrass to suffer. That means that his daughters, who happen to be your cousins, are the first to be in danger. There is only one way to get done with most of it. Join me."

Kol thought about it for just a minute.

He knew that his father had killed lots of people. But so did Dumbledore. And Kol didn't remember his father to lock up an innocent man in Azkaban for 12 years. Voldemort was actually working to get his people out of that freaking prison.

He was trying to be a good leader. And who knew? Maybe he would be a good Minister. After all all Kol saw in the perfect world was happiness and beauty.

But there was the question about Cassie. Was she going to become a Death-Eater only for his sake?

"I don't have a whole night, boy!" Voldemort hissed. "Join me. Or refuse and die."

******
"Did Dumbledore said what we are looking for?" Draco screamed at his cousin while they were looking around all of the things in the Room of Requirement.

"Nope. But I would like to find something that will make Theo stop flirting with my boyfriend."

Cassie heard Draco's laughter from somewhere. She smiled as she looked around the thousands of lost things though the years.

Horcrux, she thought to herself. Where could Voldemort really hide a Horcrux? She rolled her eyes as she looked down at her hand and the two sentences.

She hadn't told her dad yet. She only told Ted, convincing him that as long as this sentences and this Pinkling don't make her any more problems everything would be fine. Narcissa and Sirius tried to ask about the detention. And Cassie tried her best not to yell at them.

She reminded herself over and over again that her dad was new to this. He expected to find a child who needed him... And he found a messed up teenager who didn't actually wanted to talk about her feelings.

And now this same teenager was looking for... A Horcrux. Cassie had never felt more stupid in her entire life.

"Cassie?" Draco called. "Look what I found."