Chapter 46: Families

Her hands were shaking. Why were her hands shaking? Why was she so nervous?

He knew, Cassiopea realized. That was the reason why he was here. Remus couldn't care less for her and after not even an hour she would probably be in Azkaban.

She took a deep breath. "I didn't do it," Cassie said the same time Remus said, "I'm sorry."

Cassie blinked a few times. "What?"

"I'm sorry," Remus repeated. "What do you mean by 'I didn't do it'?"

"Nothing."

Merlin. In less than 24 hours, Cassie had killed Dumbledore, had put Snape on the position of Head Master of Hogwarts, had started controlling the Ministry and now her uncle was apologizing. The best day ever.

"Is it something dangerous?" Remus asked. "Or you are pregnant?"

"Merlin. No... Um. What are you sorry for?"

Her godfather smiled at her, handing her a piece of chocolate. "About that dinner with Weasleys," he said. "You know, I am scared about you. There are so many rumors about you. That you are a Death-Eater."

"I'm not," Cassie said. "This chocolate is disgusting, Remus. I thought you have better..." She suddenly stopped. And she smiled. "Truth Potion," she said slowly, painfully. It wasn't the best day ever. Her uncle wasn't here to apologize. He was here for answers. "I am not a Death-Eater," she said.

"Do you have a Mark?" Remus asked, looking seriously at her hands.

"No."

"Have you ever made plans with a Death-Eater?"

"Yes."

"You're coming with me. The Ministry and the Order would gladly hear this answers."

*********
Cassiopea Black was sitting on a chair, her hands tightened behind her back. She was in almost filled room. There were Remus, Minnie, Dora, Hermione Granger (who appeared to had betrayed them once again), Mr and Mrs Weasley, Ron, Fleur and Bill.

It was all over. She was under the control of the Truth Potion and it they asked her something...

She would have to say the truth.

But the truth was what she believed it was.

McGonagall stepped forward, looking at Cassiopea like she was an innocent animal in a cage. Her eyes were full with tears. Cassie once again reminded herself that none of them, except for Fleur and Bill, didn't help her when she needed help.

"I don't believe it," Minnie said. "She can't be a Death-Eater."

"I'm not," Cassie said. "I have no Mark and I haven't spoken to a Death-Eater in months!"

Dora tried to catch Cassie's gaze, but she was looking at McGonagall and Remus. It was easier, she told herself. It was easier to think that Remus and Minnie left her, not to think about what happened was not only their fault.

She let herself stop using her mask. She let herself be Re-Sorted into Slytherin.

And she didn't regret a thing.

But she disappointed all of them. That must be a regret.

"When was the last time you spoke to a Death-Eater?" McGonagall asked.

Bella wasn't a Death-Eater. Auntie Bella wasn't a Death-Eater. Bellatrix Black wasn't a Death-Eater. Bellatrix Lestrange is a Death-Eater. You spoke to Bellatrix Black...

"The night in which Dolores Umbridge died."

"Who?" Mr Weasley asked.

"Arthur!" McGonagall hissed. "I am leading this conversation..."