Chapter 58: Guilt

"I understand, miss Black, that you were a mess after your father's death, but I have never imagined something like this!"

Cassiopea looked up from her book in the middle of November while Kol was looking for another book for his essay. She smiled at professor Snape and left the book aside.

"This, professor?" she asked. "I am reading this," she lifted 'Jane Eyre', "for a third time this year. I don't get what's so special about it."

"I am not talking about this, stupid girl, I am talking about the fact that you, Cassiopea Andromeda Black, killed Albus Dumbledore and you lied about it! How?!"

Cassie didn't show her true emotion and smiled as she looked at the new headmaster. "How easily you put the blame on me," she said. "I hadn't done anything. I was in my room with my boyfriend. Do I need to tell hkh what we were doing?"

Snape looked furious. He grabbed his wand and pointed his wand at her. "Miss Black. The truth..."

His wand broke before he could even finish his sentence. Cassie took her book and continued reading like nothing happened.

Snape was shocked. "You... You..."

"I. Do you mind leaving me alone or...?"

"You killed him," Snape said. Not asking this time. "Dumbledore."

"Yes."

"Why ?"

She didn't answer. She didn't want to answer. She looked up.

Cassiopea Black looked a little bit scary. With her stare at Snape made his heart skip a beat. His wand laid on the table, broken.

"You're a Death-Eater."

"Not exactly," Cassie said and returned her stare on the book. She had no worries about anything. She was controlling Voldemort, the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts. Everything was hers. "You see, your blackness, if you were a little bit smarter, you would figure out why Voldemort's plans became... Better in the last two years."

"No. No. No..."

"Yes. Yes. Yes. You never thought of that?" she laughed as she put the book aside. She stood up, her wand in her hand. "Well, of course. If you ask anyone, they will tell you more good than bad things... When I was 13, I tried to drawn myself. I saw my family and friends hearing the news. I thought about what they might say. Cassiopea Black, no, she moved to America. She's very happy or so we hear. The years go by and now we barely see her. Cassiopea Black, you must be mistaken! You mean the girl we raised as our own. Cassiopea Black, the happy little girl with dark hair braided in two."

Cassie laughed again as she watched Snape.

He looked shocked by the story. Maybe more than ever, but he looked at her. Still he looked at her.

He knew that she had killed Dumbledore, that she was leading the Death-Eaters. Now what?

Now. It was time for some performance.

"I look up to you," she said. "Seriously. When I decided that I wouldn't be little miss perfect again I admired you. I just don't want yet why you risked everything for James' son. I wouldn't."

"Some people wouldn't risk everything for Sirius' daughter. Yet you killed one of the few people that wanted to help you, wicked girl!"

Cassie pointed her wand at him. "I may be wicked. I may be evil. But don't you dare tell me that Dumbledore did anything for me!"

"And he didn't? No one wanted to take Sirius Black's daughter 7 years ago. He did. No one wanted to train you. He did. No one..."

"No one wanted to help me. And he didn't. He let the whole world believe that Bellatrix killed my father when Potter did!"