Chapter 27: Relationships

"What happened between you and Harry?"

Cassie's hands were shaking. Her dad, who was always so calm, had just stopped yelling at Remus. He was so close to kicking boy him and Harry out of the house that Cassie actually got scared.

Remus knew, Cassiopea thought all along. He knew how delicate the things could be when it came to her mental health. He knew that only one break down could destroy a city like London. He knew that Harry could push her to break down, that he already did (during their third year).

Cassie didn't want to think about that.

"Nothing important."

"Can we stop with this?" Sirius asked. "You can tell me that it was nothing important only when you lock in your room to read or you go out for a walk, but don't dare tell me that it was nothing important when you sneak out of the house in 2 am and don't return until someone gets you!"

Cassie smiled a little bit then her smile faded. Her dad's eyes were like the fires of the hell itself and he was the devil. He only needed horns.

"Now. If you please, tell me what happened."

"Will you let me go if I do?"

"Most certainly."

And she told him. Cassie smiled at the end as she said, "But don't worry, dad. I got it...."

"You got it? It doesn't look like that," Sirius took a deep breath. "I can't actually kick him out of the house, but I can make things easier for you. How about... More talking through the mirror, going out with me every day and hanging out with your friends three times a week?"

Cassie smiled. "That sounds good. Can... Can I go now? I didn't sleep last night."

"Sure. Have a good sleep, sweetheart."

*********
Sirius wasn't going to be teacher anymore. That was the news Cassie walk up with on 1st September. She wanted to scream, she wanted to tell him how wrong he was, that they needed him in Hogwarts. But she didn't have any strength left to do that.

She barley slept the last night in her home. Not because she was excited about going back to Hogwarts, but... There was something bad coming up. And she could feel it.

It was like a whisper. A whisper that wouldn't stop no matter how hard she tried. She couldn't understand what was whispering. There were thousands of voices, whispering together as one.

For a moment she thought she was going mad. Not a surprise for a member of the Black family, the portrait of her grandma told her. "Every one of us goes mad after a while."

Cassie bit her lower lip as she and her dad appeared on Platform 9 and 3/4. Looking for her friends, she didn't hear what her father was telling her so she turned to him with the silent plea to repeat.

Sirius rolled his eyes with a smile. "Write to me and your aunt at least 3 times a week. Come back for Christmas and... Ah ! Yes. Don't make sex. That applies to you too, Kol."

"Yes, sir," Kol said, taking his place by Cassie's side. He kissed her cheek. "I'll remind her about the letters."

"And be careful," Sirius went on. "Daphne?"

"Here, professor Black."

"Not a professor anymore. Sirius would be just fine," he smiled. "You're all spending Christmas break with us. I spoke to Narcissa and she agreed. She thinks it will be best for all of you to spend more time together and I agree."

Cassie looked at Kol. How in Earth had her father managed to get the Weasleys out of their home? The Riddle boy shook his head.

"Anyway," Sirius smiled. "Do you have everything?" They nodded. "Money?" The Slytherins nodded once again. Sirius turned to his daughter. "Did I..."