Chapter 40: I am here. I am with you

Horace Slughorn was a man Cassiopea did not want close to her. A Slytherin, a teacher to her father and her uncle, to her aunts, Professor Slughorn had returned to Hogwarts for another year of teaching Potions. Which left Severus Snape the position of DADA teacher.

Cassie smiled at her friends as they settled into their compartment at the end of the train. Draco took the seat opposite her, leaving the Greengrass cousins ​​to agree on a seat next to Cassie. Daphne took it before Kol could even blink. "Bitch!"

"Especially for you, dear cousin," Daphne smiled at him, showing him her gleaming teeth. "Didn't we meet him in the perfect world?" she turned to Cassie. "Now I understand why you didn't kill him."

"It was terribly annoying if it would make you feel better," Cassie pulled her notebook out of her bag, nodding toward the cabin door. Kole closed it. "Ideas?"

All of them shook their heads.

"Seriously?" she looked at Draco for some kind of help. When her cousin shook his head Cassie closed her eyes for a minute. "Do we at least have the same classes?"

"We all have similar grades on the OWLs," Daph said.

"And I have already spoken to Snape," Draco said, taking a deep breath.

This was going to be a really long year if the snakes wanted to achieve their goals. Acting was on the one hand, but being able to control the Death-Eaters and be a perfect student who was still grieving for the loss of her father was hard. Even for her.

She and Kol had already decided when to talk about it first. Only a few minutes away from their first act Cassie reminded herself that she was capable of doing whatever she wanted. She was a Black after all.

"Ready?" Kol asked.

She nodded and got up. She thought of her father, of the way he had looked at her in the end like he was saying 'I love you'...

She wasn't surprised when she felt the tears fill her eyes.

Cassie stepped out of the compartment and down the hall to Potter's.

"Cassie!" Kol shouted behind her as they had practiced, but she didn't stop.

Their students made their way, as if realizing that they should not interfere in the dispute between Prince and Princess of Slytherin. Cassie knew that if he turned to any of them, if he looked them in the eye, he would see fear burning as brightly as a forest fire. She knew that every student had heard of her, the girl who was ready to kill Harry Potter, the daughter of Sirius Black.

If she didn't have to play an upset girlfriend, she would smile. Maybe for the first time since Sirius had died.

"Come on," Kol finally caught up with her, grabbing her arm in front of Harry's compartment. She could barely hold back her tears. Even when she pretended, she didn't want Potter to see her cry. "It was a joke."

"What if he really did?" Cassie sobbed. "If Draco really... please, please tell him to stop! The plan was to destroy Voldemort, no..." she lowered her voice, "not to join him. Aunt Cissa would never... Merlin! I can't do this anymore!"

Kol froze.

Cassie could almost swear she saw fear in his eyes, a genuine fear. More beautiful even than that of the younger students. Fear she had probably seen in Bill and Fleur's eyes that day on the top of Tower.

"What do you mean by this?" he asked.

"That I am will tell Dumbledore for Merlin's sake!"

Cassie shuddered.