Chapter 34: Messed Up Talks

Cassiopea Black was sitting on the chair on front of Lord Voldemort's in Malfoy Manor, ready to laugh at his offer.

"No," she said. "If I am going to help you destroy both Dumbledore and Potter I want a place in your inner circle."

The Dark Lord rolled his eyes, taking a deep and sharp breath. He looked at the clock on the opposite wall and almost laughed at the time they had spent talking about her position as a Death-Eater.

If she was going to be a Death-Eater, she wasn't going to be part of the inner circle. Cassie knew it, but that was the only way she could make all of her plans come true. She knew Kol was going to hate her for this, but... No. No buts. She knew Kol was going to hate her.

Probably he would understand, she said to herself over and over again. He knew his dad was here, she was sure of it. She just didn't know when he would tell her about this.

Maybe when he and Daphne came back from wherever they were.

"And why is that?"

"I can be as insane as Bellatrix," she said simply. "And I am your son's girlfriend."

"And Sirius Black's daughter."

"If we are going to be messing around with each other, then let me tell you this, Tom Riddle..."

He hissed at her.

"... Oh, sh! I run the entire Slytherin house since the moment I step there. I run half of the Gryffindors and the teachers. Your son is wrapped around my finger... And trapped between my..."

"Too much information," Voldemort cut her off.

"Of course," she smiled. Then she rolled her eyes. "But as I see it, you have tried to kill Potter for over 5 years now and you still haven't made it. That tells me you need help."

Voldemort rose his eyebrows while he was looking at her, ready to see how she could break under this stare. Yet she didn't.

Cassie just looked at him - her blue eyes cold like the Arctic. "I mean, are you fucking kidding me? The basilisk, which I killed and I am proud of myself, was stupid. You could have make him kill Potter directly. And the thing with the Stone. Man, you could have made uncle Lucius kill him and we would have been over by now. And last year..."

"OK. OK. I get it. You can be a super villain."

"It's not that hard actually," she laughed. "You just have to think about it."

Voldemort nodded with a sly smile. "You know, Bellatrix told me that when she first met me."

Of course, Cassiopea thought. As members of the Black family they were mad, weren't they.

"What can you do for me? You aren't close with Potter. In my opinion I should ask a Gryffindor to be a Death-Eater."

"I live in the same house as him, my father is his godfather, I am a powerful witch," she signed. "Do you think I would be here if I didn't want to help you?"

"I think that you are here, because you need information. About the Death-Eaters."

She shook her head. "I told you why I am here."

"And I don't believe you."

"I didn't say you should believe me or trust me! I said I wanted to kill Potter and I hate being in the same house as him, I hate that my father believed him more than he believed me! I hate being the second best even in my father's eyes. I hate that no one seems to care about me!"

She thought about Irma, about how her great-grandmother was sitting in her house planning the ball for tonight and wondering if Cassie was going to help her with whatever plan Sirius mentioned.