Epilogue || A Wounded Lion

I changed from a navy blue shirt to a light blue as suddenly I remembered Anvi loved that colour on me the most

I changed from a navy blue shirt to a light blue as suddenly I remembered Anvi loved that colour on me the most. After the shirt then came the tie. It was an arduous task. The responsibility of that duty was Anvi's. Without her, I wasn't able to choose the right one. After contemplating on which one I should go with I decided on the black one.

Then came the turn of watches. She had a thing for my watches. She loved my collection. I knew any would do but still, I wanted to be the best for her so I chose the best one, the black Rado watch Nirvana had gifted me on my last birthday.

After I put on my blazer and my shoes I was ready, ready to go to my wife, to bring her back to me.

After I descended the stairs I looked at the strained faces of my family and friends. I was stressed but not as much as them. I was mindful that Anvi and I together will turn things in our favour.

"You, ok?" Namit asked, smiling. He knew how not to make me feel terrible. He had gone through that pain of separation once so he was aware of what I was going through.

"I am."

I went to Saavi, whose face had fallen. She was missing her new friend. I hugged her before saying, "I would bring her back."

"I know you will," she said confidently.

The twins Dhruv and Dhriti stood near the couch with a glint of confidence on their faces for me.

"I am going to cook her favourite food." Dhriti was excited. She was confident I would bring back Anvi.

"I have already bought movie tickets for all of us. I know she wanted to watch this new one." Dhruv showed me the tickets to the movie Anvi wanted to watch with everyone.

"She would love that," I said hugging them both.

"I need to defeat her in the race. She needs to be here." Kiaan said.

"Our fight was left in mid last time, and we need to finish that one as well," said Arjun about the fight they had in the racing complex a month ago.

I chuckled and replied, "She would love to defeat you both."