CH 22 || The One In Red

"I made a mistake," Anvi said over the call to Niharika

"What happened?"Niharika asked, being concerned and worried for her friend. Anvi couldn't utter any more words and was only crying. Niharika was unable to hear her clearly and tried to calm her friend first.

"First of all, stop crying, ok."

Anvi anyhow composed herself and asked her friend."Can I see you?"

"Right now?" It was seven in the evening and Niharika couldn't understand what exactly had made Anvi see her suddenly.

"Ye...yes."

"Okay, stop crying. I will ask Nikhil to send you over." Niharika suggested.

"No, no...not him." Anvi resisted, making Niharika skeptical over Nikhil being involved in whatever had happened.

"Ok, I will book a cab and send you the details." Anvi agreed. She wanted to be with someone close for a while. There were only three people Anvi could be with, either Sara, Vritti, or Niharika. She didn't want to bother Vritti about her problems. Sara hadn't contacted her back. Moreover, Anvi thought Sara wasn't well aware of her life's happenings and that's when Niharika's name came to her mind, the one who had been like a support system with her for the past few years. A lot was going on in her head as well as in her heart. She needed to let it all out as she wasn't in favour of committing any more mistakes.

Niharika booked a cab but before that called Nikhil to inform him she was sending a cab for Anvi. Neither Niharika asked Nikhil about what had happened nor Nikhil said a word, instead, only asked her to take care of his wife.

In the next ten minutes, a cab stopped at Nikhil's doorstep. Anvi settled inside the cab, looked out, and found Nikhil standing on the balcony. Anvi averted his gaze from him feeling guilty about what she did to him.

On the other hand, Nikhil's heart was pierced with every act of hers. He couldn't understand what his mistake was. He had gripped the railing of the balcony tighter. The cab when moved out of the sight he clenched his teeth feeling enraged on himself.

He thought it was because of him Anvi left but the reason was different.

Niharika was pacing back and forth in her flat thinking what would have happened between her friends.