CH 4 || Worst Was Yet To Come

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

Nikhil's POV

After landing in my beloved country India I went towards home. Fortunately, dad had sent a car to pick me up. It was 4 in the morning and mom was surely going to scold me for being late. I had managed to prepone my interview and that's why I took the flight after the interview.

The plan was I will reach home and sneak away to my room with Dad' s and Nirvana's help and Mom will not even know. The next morning I will lie that I had reached in the night only, and since mom sleeps very early, it means at 10, so she will not even know when did I even come.

After I reached home, dad was already waiting for me at the door as I had texted him 10 minutes before.

I took out my bags carefully and both of us went inside. Both of us entered and the room was dark and I was enveloped into a hug by none other than my brother Nirvana.

"Idiot, leave him. The mission is not completed yet." Dad whispered to Nirvana as mom might get awake hearing the commotion outside.

"Oh! Sorry, I forgot."Apologizing he pulled away and took one of the bags and all of us tried to tiptoe towards my room.

I was about to step on the stair when the lights turned on. All our heads snap back at the person who was standing near the switchboard glaring at us. We gaped at the person standing there.

"Mom," I said.

"Bhaiya, when did you come? You didn't even inform us." My brother was the first one to stab me in the back and dad joined him too.

"What's happening? Nikhil? Oh My God! When did you come?" Both of them had very smartly ditched me and I had no idea when both of them went towards Mom leaving me alone.

"Mom, uh..Hi." I waved towards her but all I received was a glare. Grandma must be sleeping and she is the only one who can save me from my mom's wrath as my father and brother decided to turn their back on me.

"So, what's the time?" she asked looking at the clock hanging at the wall on my left.

"4:30," I replied looking down.

"And when were you going to come here?"

"9." Initially, I was about to take the earlier flight but then my interview got preponed with some of my efforts and I canceled my ticket.

"Mom, sorry," I said lowering my eyes.

"You are so careless Bhaiya."

"Exactly and did you know how much my honey was tensed about you." Nirvana and Dad were trying to sugarcoat mom to be spared from mom's wrath.

Keeping both of her hands on her waist mom asked them, "You both, do you guys take me for a fool?"

"No, honey. You are the best wife in the world."