CH 16 || Overlook The Guilt Of The Past

I used to be a bully once, back in school

I used to be a bully once, back in school. With time I realized how evil my actions were, how someone was hurting because of my act. I stopped when my conscience stopped supporting me. I stopped when my alter ego loathed me. I stopped when the girl I used to bully was nice to me despite my evil acts.

That was the first time I felt ashamed and changed for good. I wasn't the same person anymore. I vowed never in my life I will ever hurt a soul.

But all my vows, my promises were nothing when I realized I had again hurt someone deeply, such that she was not ready to even see my face.

It was one in the night and I was in my car in front of Dia's house like I had been doing for the past four nights. After office, I had been staying outside her house in my car just to seek her forgiveness. But she had never once heed attention.

She was hurt and her actions were justified. She was not to be blamed, I was.

My trance broke when someone knocked on the window of my car.

I was stunned when I saw Dia. She had bent down and said, "Come inside."

I got out of the car and followed her inside her house. She closed the door with a thud behind me and questioned," What are you trying to prove?"

"I don't understand."

"What are you trying to prove by being outside of my house every night? What do you want, Nikhil?" she asked seething in anger.

"I want you to listen to me. I just want one chance to ask for forgiveness." I spoke.

"Forgiveness?" she smiled but the smile didn't reach her eyes. She continued further and added, "Do you think what you did can ever earn my forgiveness?"

"Dia, I can't see you like this. I want you to be happy." I replied. Her broken state was because of me but I wanted the smile back on her face.

"My happiness resided in you but you snatched it from me," she spoke bitterly. With every word, I felt more guilty and held my head low.

"Dia, I...I am sorry. I know I have hurt you." I tried so that she could listen to me for one last time.

"Then why do you keep showing in front of me?" she yelled. I was stunned at her outburst.