CH 5 || Just A Trailer

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

Anvi's POV

"How are you, Ms. Shekhar?" Even though the voice is the same, the warmth is lost.

"Good," I replied curtly.

"But I believe more than good," he replied smirking.

Not able to decipher the meaning behind his words I asked, "What do you mean?"

"I saw you mingling with every guy at the party, you are still the same."

"They were Ahana's fiance's cousins, I was just being friendly." I don't know why did I feel the need to give any explanation because anyway he will believe what he wants to.

"Oh, yes, friendly, but you know we both have a very different meaning of the word friendly." The conversation was going down the same lane, I had no wish to visit again. I didn't want to have any conversation with him and when I thought to move away he said,

"For you friendly means luring rich boys in your trap." Without even replying I tried to get away but my attempts were futile as his statement made me stop in my track.

"Truth is always bitter, Ms. Shekhar."

Chuckling bitterly I said, "I am ashamed of myself of the fact that I loved you once"

"Now you are ashamed of me? Shouldn't I be the one to say that?"

"I wish you have once tried to know the real me?"

"No one knows you better than me."

Letting him live in the illusion I left, I didn't want to spoil my mood because of some idiot. My tears did betray me but I didn't let them fall in front of him.

Running towards the washroom I washed my face. I have cried enough but now I can't. I can't let some jerk like him make me feel vulnerable all over again.

I decided to be alone for a bit so I sat on the balcony of the first floor of the house. Everyone was out on the lawn and I wanted to be alone for a while. But I believe my luck was not on my side.

"Hello, Miss." I heard an unfamiliar voice. I looked up to find a tall, handsome guy who looked probably my age smiling at me. Since he was a stranger I chose to ignore his presence.

"Attitude," he said chuckling and took his seat in front of me.

"What are you doing all here alone?" Why can't people understand that if a particular person is not replying then it's certain he or she is not interested in talking.

"Oh come on, don't give me that look that you are not interested in boys."

Glaring at him I cleared his doubt, "I am not."