CH 21 || Mistake

Nikhil seemed disturbed

Nikhil seemed disturbed. Ever since he had left his house his mind couldn't erase the feeble state of his wife he was falling in love with.

His heart ached. Only he knew how arduous it was for him to let her go even when he didn't want to. He wanted to pull her in the blanket and cuddle her till she gets comfortable and again starts smiling.

But he couldn't. She wasn't ready.

Nikhil was present in the office but his heart and mind weren't. Generally, a person's heart and mind are not in sync but the case was different for him as they both were yelling he had fallen for her.

He liked her, he had realized when he pondered what his friend Jai had said. But his feelings for Anvi were growing strong. He still couldn't decipher what it was.

He liked Dia but with her, he never felt something he had started to feel for Anvi.

'What's happening to me?' Nikhil mumbled to himself tapping the blue pilot pen on his desk. A gesture he was accustomed to when is troubled over something.

Nikhil was still in his thoughts when Jai knocked on the door to his cabin. Nikhil didn't pay attention to it so Jai entered when didn't receive any reply.

"Hey, dude," Jai said and took a seat in front of him.

Nikhil neither heard Jai's voice nor the sound of the opening of his cabin door. His eyes were fixated at the picture of his cafe which was hung on the wall on his left.

"Hi, Mr. Arora," Jai called him again and even clapped his hands but breaking Nikhil's trance wasn't easy.

"Anvi." Nikhil snapped his eyes towards Jai hearing Anvi's name.

The first thing Nikhil asked Jai wasn't why was his friend there instead he questioned him about his wife. "Where is she?"

"Who?" Jai acted innocent even when he knew who Nikhil was referring to.

"Anvi," Nikhil replied looking here and there like a kid who lost his favourite toy.

Jai smirked before saying, "In your heart."