CH 9 || Sleepless Mind

Anvi's POV

Anvi's POV

The lunch was prepared by aunty. I wanted to help but she denied saying I am a new member and she won't allow her daughter to cook anytime soon. Not even in my own house, I was treated like this by my mother. Everyone gathered for lunch on the dining table even Nikhil. He was behaving normal, very normal, and had startled uncle and aunty with his presence but Nirvana and grandma were fine with it as if they knew he will come.

Aunty had prepared a lot of dishes and most of them were my favourite. I was shocked to see Nikhil's appetite. I didn't realize that I was staring at him until he looked at me raising his eyebrows making me avert my gaze.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" Nikhil asked as not only me, everyone else was quite stunned on the quantity of food he had filled his plate with.

"Nothing, you don't eat this much generally," Uncle replied.

"Dad, I am famished. I haven't eaten anything since the last night." Nikhil replied before indulging himself in his food as if it will disappear from his sight soon.

"Anvi, how is the food?"

"It's really good, aunty." The food was delicious and home-cooked food has always been my favourite.

"Thank God, you liked it," Aunty replied feeling relieved. I could tell she had prepared everything keeping in mind my likes and dislikes.

Everyone was conversing with me except Nikhil. He was so much into his food that had ignored everyone's presence including mine. I didn't have any issue but wasn't he the one who had asked me to become his friend.

After we were done with lunch aunty told me to take a rest. I was in the room still feeling sad over my fate. No one from my family had tried to contact me, not even my siblings.

Suddenly I received a text from one of my school mate whom I rarely talk to. It was a congratulatory message. I couldn't understand what she meant until she sent me the link to a news article.

The article was about my marriage and the headline was "Bride In Blue". I read it further only to found nonsense. They have speculated it to a marriage which was a consequence of a business contract and Shekhars had hidden it deliberately. Thankfully there was no mention of Nikhil but I knew they will soon get to know about his identity and will haunt him making me feel more culpable than I already was.

I was blankly staring at the walls of the room feeling bored. At first, I thought to contact my family but then decided against it. The idea didn't seem very favourable to me.

I had informed the organization I worked in that I met with an accident because apart from that I didn't have a very good excuse to give them. To be honest, it was half-truth as my marriage was an accident only.

Thinking about it my mind wandered over Nikhil, was he genuinely thinking to work on this relationship? And why? What will he gain through this? Does he have a hidden motive?