CH 14 || Perpetrator

"Why does he own such a big house, Di?" I questioned Mrs

"Why does he own such a big house, Di?" I questioned Mrs.Chetna whom I have started to call Di as she was older than me while sipping the luscious hot coffee prepared by her.

"He is planning to bring all his family here in London itself," she replied, taking a seat beside me in the garden of the house.

"That's very thoughtful of him. Otherwise, I have seen people who don't care about their family once they stand on their feet." That was a fact that I stated. Nikhil did have great thinking.

"Nikhil is different. He thinks of his family's needs before he thinks of himself."

Chetna Di had a proud smile as well as admiration in her eyes for Nikhil. He indeed was someone intriguing that I was thriving to know more about him.

I was enjoying the hot coffee thinking whether to ask Chetna Di if she had switched off the lights of my room last night when I heard her calling me, "Anvi."

"Hmmm."

"Last night Nikhil told me the truth of your marriage."

"Ohh," I replied as I didn't have much to say.

"If you ever need anything or want to share something don't consider yourself alone. I will always be there." That one statement I wanted to hear from my mother but was hearing from someone whom I had not known for long.

I smiled and thanked her, "Thank you."

The silence had again prevailed and in order to remove it I questioned, "By the way since when are you working for Nikhil?"

"From the last two years," she replied and then continued to tell me how exactly she started working with him.

I lost my job due to the recession three years ago. It was arduous for me and my husband to make our ends meet as only his pay was not enough. We had our children to look after. At that moment I was informed that there was recruitment going on in D & D Industries. I was glad, but I couldn't get a job. I stayed back and decided to talk to HR to let me know if there would be another spot. I was ready to even work as a maid there."