CH 31 || Life Is Unpredictable

Warning:- Mature Content Ahead[From The Movie Sequence]

Everyone was pampering Anvi, cheering her up. Namit and Dhriti had cooked her favourite dinner while Niharika and Jai were narrating our childhood tales to her.

"Really? He did that?" Anvi asked Jai, pointing towards me. I was oblivious to what exactly they were talking about. I stood at a distance and was only staring at my wife lovingly.

"You won't believe what he did afterward," Namit said.

"Tell me, please." she was so enthusiastic. I was relieved but my heart wasn't serene.

My love for Anvi had gotten deep that I had started to develop fear inside of me; fear of losing her. The days she wasn't with me were the worst days of my life. It felt as if someone had given me slow poison.

I would have died if I wouldn't have been able to find her. Seeing her after so many days I realized I was madly, deeply in love with her.

Never had I thought that my love for someone could be like that. I had witnessed Namit's and Dhruv's terrible states without their love and I didn't want to become the victim of the same pain. The unbearable pain that held the power to kill. The pain that would wither the soul and then detach it from the body.

That girl who was laughing, enjoying, giggling with my friends had become my life, and losing her would mean losing myself.

I vowed that I would never take her for granted. She was an integral part of me that I would always cherish.

My eyes were filled with tears and my heart was still in pain. I just wanted to be alone for that moment.

I went straight to my bedroom's balcony. The cold breeze was a little help though.

"Nick." I heard Anvi's angelic voice. I didn't want to face her otherwise I would break down. I had no idea why I was scared to show her how vulnerable I was. The thought of her not having with me had made me crazy. I didn't want her to see me like that.

"Nick, it's cold. What are you doing here?" She asked, coming a little closer. I gripped the railing tightly and controlled my emotions. After I took a deep breath I masked my expression and turned around.