CH 10 || Anvi 2.0

Nikhil's POV

Nikhil's POV

Sometimes your luck is so bad that all the mishappenings happen with you only. Right now I am the target of the sheer bad luck.

I was about to sleep when my phone rang and since it was from my assistant I had to pick it up. I was informed that things were going down the hill in my absence in London. I have lost the recent deal that I was striving to have from the last month. Only if I would have paid a little more attention.

I went out to talk with Russell my assistant and listening to all that happened I got angry, not on him but myself. Already things were not going well in my personal life and now because of my stupidity and carelessness, I lost the deal as well. I had to hold some meetings with the clients and since I forgot they thought I wasn't interested and handed over the deal to someone else.

Russell was trying to calm me down but I couldn't because of my failure. Failure is not bad, in fact, it only teaches us a lesson but my negligence was making me feel guilty. I was still on call with Russell when my eyes landed on the worried expression of Anvi. She was about to go inside but before that, her eyes landed upon mine. I cut the call telling Rusell that I will contact him the next day as someone else needed my attention more than my work.

Gesturing her that I was coming to the bedroom I went up. She was waiting for me in the balcony and it seemed she was immersed in her deep thoughts.

"Hey." I took a seat on the hanging hammock chair placed in front of the couch.

"Hi."

"You didn't sleep yet?"

'That was a stupid question, Nikhil Arora,' mocked my inner self.

"I tried but couldn't."

"Oh." I wanted to ask if something was bothering her because it seemed so but we weren't close enough. We did friendship already but we don't share that kind of bond friends do. All these facts refrained me from asking about her gloomy appearance.

"You are fine?"

"Yeah, I am," I replied though I understood she must have seen me being angry. I hope she doesn't consider me an angry jerk.

We both were sitting in silence glancing at each other in between while passing awkward glances.

'Say something, idiot.' My inner self advised me but I messed up badly by saying, "The weather is nice."

"Huh?"

"Weather," I said pointing towards the sky like an idiot.

'You are a dumbass.' he said and I couldn't agree more.

"yeah, it is."

What now? What should I say? Play twenty questions?

No, that's quite childish and we are not sixteen.