CH 1 || Carpet Of Thorns

Anvi

******

The hairdresser was busy doing my hair while the beautician was dolling me up for something I was not ready for. After they were done all of them left saying I was looking like a princess.
I chuckled thinking a princess is never treated as a slave. Standing in front of the mirror I looked at my reflection.

Indeed, I was looking like a princess. I couldn't even recognize myself. Is that really me I thought.
My fingers touched the mirror to check if it was my reflection or just another illusion.
I wish it was. I wish it was all an illusion, a dreadful nightmare, but it wasn't. To my satisfaction, I tried closing and opening my eyes numerous times thinking I might wake up but it only brought disappointment.

If I would have not received that call, I would not have been standing here dressed in a bridal attire ready to marry an unknown stranger.

It all started one week back and I regret receiving that call.

******FLASHBACK ******

I was just about to enter the cafe when my gaze fell upon him. He was wearing the same red shirt he used to wear every day and as always his face was covered. It's been more than a week since I found that I am always being followed by someone. I would have caught him last night if not for that road accident. Anyways, the main concern here is who is he? And why is he following me?He was saved last night bot not today, I will catch him today anyhow. You don't know whom you are messing up with Mr. Stalker. I started walking in his direction and he got startled. Composing himself he started running away.

I picked up my pace and started running behind him.

"Wait!" I yelled but he was really fast. Soon after I stopped to catch a breath.

"Anvi, move."

"Di, move."

I heard my brothers.

Wait! How did they come here? And when? I thought that I was listening to voices but when I turned around they were really there. They were pointing at my left and when I looked at what they were pointing at I found a truck coming in my direction.

As I was about to move back someone held my hand. He was the same guy I was chasing a few minutes ago.

"Leave me. Do you want me to die?" he nodded at me making me surprised.

I was wiggling in his hold but he didn't leave my hand. In the process, I uncovered his face and found that he had no face, instead of a face he had a red journal.

I heard the loud honk of the truck and closed my eyes in fear and soon enough I was in the air.When I landed on the ground I felt numb and had difficulty breathing.