54. Cinquanta­quattro

The Local Train - Choo Lo

Khada hun aaj bhi wahinLagi teri hi aas hai 

Kaisi hai yeh bebasiYe kaisi dil ki pyaas hai

Chhoo lo jo mujhe tum kabhiKho na jaun main raat-din 

Kehdo jo tum ek baarMere ho bas tum mere 

Nazaron mein tum ho base

Life doesn't always work as you plan it to be

Life doesn't always work as you plan it to be. That's something normal people would say. Me.? I always got what I had wanted. Fucked every girl in high school and punched each of their jealous boyfriend who had foolishly believed that I actually had to try to tempt them in my trap. Played football, didn't show up at the final match when they said I was in the team because of my father- who had made my life hell for joining the team- and they could win without me. They didn't.

Life is like a greedy girlfriend and that emotionally unavailable boyfriend who would demand unreasonable things from you just to stay in the toxic relationship until there is nothing but a hole inside you, that can be filled with that only one person.

I know I love her, I know she does me. But...

The love of my life didn't demand diamonds or a promise to walk through the sunset together. I didn't even try to force her to be with me. She was naturally submissive, she would have let me, I knew that. I could have shackled her. Zara's love for me was bigger than her morals, she knew that.

I had thought when I would be free of the famiglia I would become the noble young man. My charities to the orphanages, the liberation of the kids huddled inside the shipment container like dirt cheap cargo would wash off my sins.

Zara would see how much I have changed. She was back here for good, after turning Remo's den into a place suitable for human beings she joined her position as a teacher at the pumpkin patch. From the upcoming academic session, pumpkin patch will be giving education to the poor kids, As Zara had wanted. I don't know what's going on with her but she is making a lot of demands with the school board. Everything is fucking granted to her without questions.

Soto on my order had gifted her a 1-month-old tan and black morkie, he was physically fragile as the breed originally is. Along with a rottweiler for my sanity and her safety.

Tomorrow, when my pictures in front of the grand plaza would be printed in the media, with my announcement to donate 5% of my profit to the charity, it will create a buzz like every day regarding an article proving how generous I was, how I had changed completely after my mother's death a month ago.

With confidence, I headed for the main banquet of the Grand Plaza. It was built by the Cosa Nostra's money and mine. But the subliminal part of me knew what was gonna happen in the future after having a simple interaction with Zara months ago. So I'd asked Remo to find us a new business partner.