31. Trentuno

Rema, Selena Gomez - Calm Down

Yeah, I know I look shy but for you

 I get down, oh, woahAnd my hips make you cry when I'm moving around you

Do it once, do it twice (Do it twice)

 I push back, you hold me tightGet a taste for a night

On Sunday morning Gian had to leave for an urgent meeting and I was left with a sulking Van

On Sunday morning Gian had to leave for an urgent meeting and I was left with a sulking Van. He loves Gian's presence, I hadn't revealed it to him yet. In case Gian begins to squirm away from Van. But I was completely shocked to see him holding Van in his lap the other day. I was actually beginning to feel that Gian could be one of those people who renounced from Van because of his crooked appearance. Everyone liked to hold a shiny new puppy they can run out with or hold in their designer handbag. Van had never been one of those things. But I loved him from the moment I saw him.

Gian told me about his pet dog drowning in the pool. That explained why he took time to be accustomed to Van. Most of the time Gian spends here. Van stays on his lap, looking at the spreadsheets on his business deals. I don't know why but Gian smiles every time Van woofs at the screen.

"Open your mouth. Aaaahhhh..." I tried one last time with Van, to feed him properly. He moved his face in the opposite direction, cuddling his giraffe snugly closer to him that Gian had gifted him. Gian was already gone when Van woke up, thus the tantrums. Van's health had been deteriorating, it takes both Gian and me to coax him into eating and trick him with something new every day to feed him the meds.

By the time I was done feeding him. Van began to drift off to sleep. I checked my social media, my honeybees had been on vacation with their family. Pictures of pumpkin patch's Christmas celebration had been all over the media the next day. Dad had texted to congratulate me. I didn't open it to see the full content of his message. He could have bothered to call me, I have always received his calls and talked to him properly. But he is a busy man, his text means more to me than the radio silence from my mother or grandparents.