11. Undici

Bianchi's gaze moved from his son Lorenzo to me, his eyes filled with anger and disgust

Bianchi's gaze moved from his son Lorenzo to me, his eyes filled with anger and disgust. He hasn't forgiven us for busting the MC gang. Like we give a fuck. I rose my brows in a challenge. He could be my father's associate and a favorite lapdog but I am still his boss. Bianchi still didn't break his gaze and lifted his chin in defiance. I imagine plunging my knife over and over into his chest. I know I will never get to do it, it's Remo and Lorenzo's privilege.

He breaks the stare off as his eager eyes found my father like a dog waiting for his master to throw some bone. Boss Armani sat on the head of the table, on his massive over-the-top chair. Followed by the other rank holders. Lorenzo along with other made men stood with their back to the walls, hands folded behind their backs.

We gave reports of our dealings, and shown him the profits we had earned, after his anniversary celebration, gathering in the underground facility in my father's mansion.

The door opened and everyone tensed briefly. Giulio Lombardi came strolling with a huge grin on his face. I don't know what the girls see in his face. Chocolate boy looks my ass, he just can't grow a fucking beard. His father was the underboss before he died 3 years ago, leaving his position empty. Which this prick can't obviously take. I left my position as the capo of San Diego and became the underboss. Giulio was unfit for the job, his rule would have jeopardized the existence of the famiglia.

"I am sorry." he apologized in his fake French accent, kissing boss Armani's knuckles. He has spent two months in Paris making new clients for us and that's the only reason his kneecaps are not being shot off. Giulio was a part of the international snooker team by fluke. Now he arranges charity matches all around the world, selling our drugs to the mega-rich at sky-high prices. Each one of his presence at the red carpet events and a model hanging off his lanky shoulders is for the famiglia's business.

Boss Armani crushed Giulio's hand. His eyes brimmed with tears from the pain. He bit his lips to hold back a whimper, falling to his knees from the acute pain. He shouldn't be feeling any of it if he had fought like us.

By the time boss released his hand, Giulio's lips were drawing blood from biting on it too hard. He took his seat at the end of the table, cradling his now broken fingers. I gave him a crooked grin before sliding my gaze to boss Armani.

"Gian, it's time you get married." Giovanni Russo said sharply. Back in business mode.

I incline my head, mentally doing a quick sweep of any mafia princess that has recently turned 16, the eligible age for the mafia to tie them to any man of any age. And then marry them off later like a commodity to us when they turn 18.

My lips thinned. As though reconciling the horrible memories of my first engagement. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Lorenzo bite the inside of his cheeks to muffle the laughter erupting from his chest.

"Who is the girl this time." I ask, with no emotions. My gaze briefly stopping at Romeo.

De Luca, whose expressions did not give away anything. His younger sister Elena was promised to me. Like any other loyal made man, I had accepted my fate. Elena, in my view, was easy on the eyes. Nothing special about her. She has never given trouble or tried to be rebellious. I was 3 years older than her, so that was okay for me and my mamma. 6 years ago, on this date, she had asked me to fuck her. She wasn't legal, so I denied the offer and turned to leave.