Chapter 28 : The temple.

Harvest POV

I follow Holo in the maze of the temple. He doesn't look lost at all in it.

Harvest : I am sure I would get lost in it...

Holo : That's why you better stay with my dove. It will guide you, if you need to. Ah, here is my room. There is a room next to it, you can use it.

He opens the door of the next room, to show it to me. The room is beautiful, with silky carpet. A huge bed with velvet silky cover, white curtains, and vines growing on the white marble pillars of the room. I notice the tapestry is a bit weird.

I come close to it, and notice a door behind.

Holo : Oh, yeah, I forgot about it, over time... I never thought I would let someone in this room after all. That door led directly to mine. I won't ever close it, so if you don't want me in, lock it up, if I am allowed in, then let it open. The lock works like this.

He shows me how to activate the lock and then make me try to see if I have the handle. He nods.

Holo : Well, I am going to see in what shape my old room is.

He gets to his room. I sneakily spy through the connecting door. His room is filled with red and white, but there are some trace of green too. I read it was the previous angel of life's color, in Lamia's library.

The vines bloom when Holo gets in the room. He checked his closet and most likely some clothes he left here, I guess. He puts his cloak on the hanger, next to the door and opens his window. He whistles a bit, which makes some doves come. He fed them, smiling softly.

Holo : Harvest, you can come in, you know.

He smiles softly, without taking his eyes away from the doves. I jolt and get in. The dove he gave me flies toward him and he hands it some food.

Harvest : I thought I was quiet.

Holo : You were. But I would always find you, no matter where you hide.

Harvest : That's creepy.

Holo : Guess it is.

Harvest : But reassuring at the same time... You would always come and save me, right ?

Holo : Of course.

He smiles softly and gives me a bit of the food for the birds. They all come and he smiles.

Harvest : Do you want me to cook you something ?

Holo : No need. I bet the golem woke up, by now.

Harvest : The golems ?

At the same time, a being that looked like a clay doll came in, with a tray of food.

Holo : That's why this place is lifeless... Those things are only alive if I feed them off with my halo. That was my only company, but they aren't much of a speaker, unfortunately.

He sighs.

Harvest : There was nobody else ?

Holo : No. Reaper wasn't allowed in, and the only people getting in, it was for the ceremony, then they will leave. A plain boring life.

Harvest : Sorry, I won't make it more entertaining...

Holo : ... You make it less lonely, just by being by my side, Harvest.

He smiles and kisses my hands softly, since there is no more food for the doves. I blush brightly, and he chuckles.

Holo : And your reaction are cute and funny too, Dear~

I jolt.

Harvest : Shut up...

Holo : Oh... Come on, you know you love it~

I try to glare at him.

Holo : And I love you too.

He smiles softly. He looks honest. I sigh.

Harvest : Yeah, I love you too, Holo. But ! We won't move too fast, alright ?

Holo : Don't worry, I won't jump on you like Reaper tried with Geno. Reaper mainly did it because he always wanted to hug people he loved, but the only time he could was when they were supposed to die.

Harvest : You better not, if you don't want me to go back to live with my brothers.

He raises his hands up in defense, and I chuckle softly. We laugh together and eat the meal, before it gets cold.