Chapter 26 : Kitty ?

Ras POV

I was swimming when I heard a weird noise. Looking around, I found a box, floating with a small fur ball inside of it, shaking and making a meow sound. It seems to come from the ship who sank not so far. Great, what do I do with it ? It is looking at me with pleading eyes... gosh, he has the same eyes as Ccino... Well, damn it.

I take the box and swim toward the island, good thing for me, Ccino was there, at our usual spot.

Ras : Hey, Ccino !

He looks up at me.

Ccino : Hello, Ras... Is that a kitten ?!

He gets on his knees and looks at the fur ball. Never saw him so excited.

Ras : So that's how it is called ? I found it on the sea, do you want it ?

Ccino : I can ?

He has stars in his eyes. He reaches softly toward the kitten, who licks his hand, after sniffing it. Ccino smiles and softly takes it to put it on his lap. He begins to rub his ears and the thing makes a purring noise. How do I know that word ? Well, Lamias purr too, so I know the word and its meaning.

I sit next to him, and stare at the thing. That's a damn lucky one, I would love to be pet by Ccino and rest my head on his laps.

Ras : So, I guess you love those ?

Ccino : Yes. I loved taking care of stray cats, when I was in my old town. I hope the cats are alright, though. They are just so cute...

Ras : Hm... Dunno... you seem cuter, for me.

Ccino : Huh ?

Shit, I said it out loud !!? I blush and look away, hiding my face with my red bandana.

Ccino : Ahah... Really funny... I am not cute...

I turn, glaring at him for saying such things about himself. I see he is looking away, blushing brightly. I sigh.

Ras : I don't think so.

I softly grab his chin and make him look at me.

Ras : Look at the cute blushing mess you are, from just the simple truth. It is one of the things that make you cute and adorable~

He blushes even more and puts his hands on my chest to softly push me away.

Ccino : Stop joking around...

Ras : I don't, though. I hate jokes, to be frank. Even from my brothers.

Ccino : ... ... Why are you calling me cute...?

Ras : 1) Because it is the truth ? 2) Because I have perfect taste, so everything I love is perfect~

I say the second one proudly, because it is the truth, and put a hand on my chest, while doing so. He blushes even more, while I smirk.

Ccino : I-I-I...

Ras : You are not forced to say anything back, Ccino.

He jolts. I smile and put my hands back on the stone. I stare at his eyes, with a soft smile.

Ras : But I am being serious, when I say I love you. I am happy to see the first thing I gave you was at least something you love.

I smile. He looks down. He is a blushing mess right now.

Ras : I should get going, I think. See y...

My eyes shot open in shock. Ccino is blushing, his eyes closed, holding my bandana in his tiny hands and more importantly... he is kissing me !! He breaks the kiss and leaves with the kitten.