Chapter 23 : Guard family.

Wine POV

I get home and see my little brothers all jolt. I stare at them, they all seem panicked.

Wine : What did you do ?

Blue is fiddling with his baby blue scarf without looking at me, Black is rubbing his neck awarkly and Ras is rubbing his arm, clearly uneasy.

Wine : I am not angry (yet), I just want to know.

Ras : ...

Blueberry : Well... We are all... in love with a mortal...

Black : And they seem to be our soulmate.

I notice Ras avoiding even more eyes contact, shaking, while the other two are also getting stressed by the seconds.

Wine : ... That's all ?

They all jolt and turn to me.

Ras : You are not... disappointed...?

Wine : No. I have Abyss for a soulmate, in case you forgot. I am the last person fit to judge someone to have a soulmate from another species. Can I know who, though ?

Black : We can introduce them when you bring his highness Halluciv to see his brother.

Wine : Alright.

They all smile softly. Did they really think I would do something like most of the old mermaids do ? Disowned them or banned them ?

I sigh. Yes, I became colder over the centuries, I guess.

Wine : Get to sleep, then.

They nod and leave. I go to my own room and take out my necklace from under my uniform. I guess I became colder since I had to shut my feelings about Abyss...

I sigh.

The next morning...

I swim, with his highness Xcellence. He is holding Halluciv against his chest. The prince Nightmare and Dream insisted on coming too, so it was a good excuse to get the three berries coming aswell.

We get to the island. Marvul was there, with his boyfriend asleep in his rings. He looks at us and smiles softly to Halluciv.

I see the prince Nightmare and Dream turn in earthly beings and run on the sand.

Marvul : They are at their house, near the port.

Dream : Thank !!

They rush.

My brothers pull my arm a bit, and I excuse myself from his highness, before following them.

We get to the port, and we see two skeletons coming up to us.

Blueberry : Dust !

Black : Heya, Red, sweetie~

They smile and hug them softly, helping them to sit by the port's wall.

Wine : Alright, and where is your, Ras ?

Dust : Hm ? Ccino, you mean ? He should get here. Ah, speaking of the devil.

Red : Ccino !! Get over here for a bit please !!

Ccino turns around and comes. If Red and Dust seem strong enough to fend for themselves, Ccino seems like he would need protecting instead. Ras blushes a bit.

Ras : Hello, Ccino.

Ccino : Hi, Ras. How are you feeling ?

Ras : Fine, thank you.