Chapter 17 : Seeking the Grim Reaper.

Third person POV

Sun and Moon talked about who should go with them. They finally agree.

Moon : I will be coming with you.

Robin blushes a bit and smiles, happy to see he will be with him.

Two days later, everyone is at the dock, ready to leave. Horror and Marvul had carried Geno in Error's cabin.

There are hugs and mom talk.

The crew waves goodbye and sail, seeking for the Angel of death.

Moon is by Geno's side. He explained he would only be out at night, so Science is preparing himself to have the sleep schedule of a bat.

Eraser is on board, talking with Ink who explains every little info the Mermaids find.

Thanks to the Merfolk, they can go to really safe place when they need to rest and learn pretty fast when a storm is coming.

Speaking of, one is going on, right now.

They got the Merfolk on board in barrels, since Eraser refused to turn Ink and apparently, whatever he used doesn't work on mermaids.

Error is by Ink's side, talking about their siblings. Ink is also drawing, since Error got him paper and paint. Error is knitting next to him.

Eraser is maintaining a magic bubble around the ship so they won't be seen and won't get wetter than they already are.

Dust is talking with Blue. They describe their world to the other.

Red is sleeping, listening to Black's lullaby. Black who is also petting the top of the sleepy head's skull next to him with a smile.

Dream is watching Cross and Robin training with Moon.

Nightmare is reading a book Killer got him. Speaking of Killer, he is sitting criss-cross on the fence, throwing a knife on a target on the mat.

Nightmare : ... Killer ?

Killer : Yeah, Nighty ?

Nightmare : Why... Wait, Nighty ?

He is blushing because of the nickname.

Killer : Well, yeah. Nightmare doesn't fit you well. It isn't cute.

The Mermaid prince blushes even more.

Killer : Anyway, what was the question ?

Nightmare : Oh, yeah. ... How come you are so agile ?

Killer : ... I used to work as an assassin. That's why Error asked me to kill those guys who had captured you. He knew it wasn't my first time killing. And because of that, I have learned to do unpredictable things. And I am not afraid to die either.

Nightmare : ... I-I see...

Killer : What ? Are you afraid of me now ?

He smirks and turns to face Nightmare.

Nightmare : No. But you are sad I know it.

Killer : How... Oh yeah. You can feel my feelings. I nearly forgot.

Nightmare : ... You won't do something reckless that could get you killed... Right ?

Killer : Depend. If it is worth the try, I will do it. Not like I have someone to live for. I most likely don't have a soulmate. ... And even if I had, they deserve bet... Why are you crying ?

He turns to the prince and rushes by his side to wipe his tears. Nightmare grabs his shirt.

Nightmare : Promise me you won't. I beg you.