Chapter 25 : The lovers' temple.

Harvest POV

I am still helping Holo on his research for the temple. While walking with him, I fall in a hole.

Harvest : Aaaaahhh !

Holo : Harvest ?!

He rushes in the hole and plants grow to slow down my fall, so he can catch me. He hugs me and we fall into... water ?

We get at the surface again and look around. The cave doesn't seem natural. I mean, there is an altar, stairs and pillars.

Holo : Harvest... You found it !! You found the temple !

Harvest : What, really ?

Holo : Well, it wasn't an access like that, so I guess part of it got damaged a bit. Most likely from those earthquakes Sun talked about.

He swims toward the altar and gets on the platform on which it rests. I am swimming after him while looking around.

Holo : Just like I remembered it. Let's try.

He closes his eyes and lets out his halo. The room begins to shine with millions of colors from... crystals ? They are on the wall and pillars. Plants begin to grow and flowers bloom.

I gasp and look around. The place was already beautiful, but his halo makes it even more wonderful.

Holo : It didn't lose its power over time.

Harvest : So it is a good news ?

Holo : Yes. Well, we need to make sure everything else is alrig... Are you cold, Harvest ?

I jolt and look away. I nod a bit. I was trying to hold back my shaking. He takes off his red cloak to cover me with it, and carries me.

Holo : Let's get you out under the sun, then I will go around the temple.

He walks up some damn long stairs. Hm ? There are some kind of fireflies that follow him everywhere here.

Harvest : Holo, what are those things ?

Holo : Hm ? Oh, that's ? It is part of my magic. The temple gets my halo stronger, so it created those littles guys. They are pure life energy.

Harvest : They are pretty. You have a beautiful magic.

Holo : Not as beautiful as you.~

I blush again. He has his shit eating smirk on.

We get in what seems to be the main hall. There are statues of lovers and the different species here. Holo has been whistling for a long while now. All of the sudden, I see the plants blocking the entrance wilter.

There stands Reaper, a scythe on his shoulder. All the fireflies disappear immediately.

Reaper : Heya, Holo~ See you found the temple. Seems in pretty good shape for me.

Holo : It seems as such. The crystals didn't lose their powers neither.

Reaper : Great. I also got Harvest dry clothes, like you ask.

He throws him a bag. Holo handed it to me and got back inside. Reaper turns around so I can change, then I come see him.

Harvest : Reaper...? Why do Holo want to find that place ?

Reaper : Hm ? Oh, Holo grew up there, actually. He wasn't allowed outside. So, he knows this place like the back of his hand. So, maybe nostalgia ? Or for everyone here. He could want to unite the different mortals with their soulmate. Even Halluciv and Xcellence didn't have the linking ceremony, after all. And since it needs a soul, I let you guess, for Paint and Sun.