The Brightest Stars

Here it is! I really like this chapter! Tell me what you think about the advice Tauriel's mother told her. I hope you enjoy! PLEASE vote and comment! ILYSM<3

"Draw all our forces behind the wall. Bar the gate. And set a watch on the surround." Théoden commanded as he walked into the fortress of HornBurg. A solider walked up to the king, "What of those who cannot fight, my lord? The women and children." "Get them into the caves. Saruman's arm will have grown long indeed if he thinks he can reach us here."

"Helm's Deep has one weakness. Its outer wall is solid rock but for a small culvert as its base which is little more than a drain." Grima muttered as Saruman poured black rocks into a big, circular, spiked container. Grima walked towards the stone, " How? How can fire undo stone? What kind of device could bring down the wall?" As approaches the bomb with a candle in his hand Saruman quickly turns and grabs Wormtongue's hand and pushes him away from it. "If the wall is breached, Helm's Deep will fall." "Even if it is breached, it would take a number beyond reckoning thousands, to storm the Keep." Saruman walked out to balcony responding with pride, "ten of thousands." Grima denied, "But, my lord, there is no such force." An orc horn blows into the fell air revealing thousands of Uruk-Hai chanting. Saruman shouted across Isengard, "A new power is rising. Its victory is at hand. This night the land will be stained with the blood of Rohan! March to Helm's Deep! Leave none alive! To war!" They marched to Rohan, "There will be no dawn for men."

Aragorn floated down a river and finally comes to rest on the shore. He faced up to the heavens, the spirt of Arwen laid above him. She gently placed her lips on his, "May the grace of the Valar protect you." He started to breathed. His horse, Brego sniffed his nose and neid down. Aragon got onto his horse and road off leaving a certain elf laying across the shore. Tauriel breathed out as she rolled to her side, the pain shot right through her body. She gasped as she turn to lie on her back. The clouds traveled by, the blue sky was revealed. The sun made the world so much brighter. It was in that time she was ready to die. She closed her eyes as a tear ran down her face. Dying seemed like grace, it seemed like harmony. She was ready.

Then she heard a voice, her mother. My love, my precious daughter. There has been sadness, despair in life. That is just part of the journey. Don't die like this. Don't die to give up, don't die with regret. If you are to die, die with the people you love surrounding you. To know your life had purpose, that you died for a purpose. I know it's hard, we all stumble, we all fall. But to chose to get back up is our will. Our strength. You're story, my Tauriel, might not have a fortunate beginning, but that does not make you who you are. It is the rest of you're story, the person you chose to be. Then Tauriel gasped, the last words of Boromir came flooding into her mind. Tauriel, I do not regret any part of my life. Don't live your life with reget, I see the way you look at him. Another thought came to mind, Legolas; when he told her, I didn't feel so alone, when I thought of you. You carried me through, you were my hope. The only reason I lived, was to see you again. Tauriel wanted to die; but her mother was right, not like this. But next to her people, next her loved ones. Next to what good is left in this world. She hanged on. Remember my daughter, Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.

In Rivendell Arwen lay on her bed, soundless. "Arwen. Tollen i lû. (It is time.) I chair gwannar na Valannor. Si bado, no círar. (The ships are leaving for Valinor. Go now...before it is too late)." Elrond muttered as Arwen faced her father, "I have made my choice." "He is not coming back. Why do you linger here when there is no hope?" Arwen sees something Elrond does not, hope. "If Aragorn survives this war, you will still be parted. If Sauron is defeated and Aragorn made king and all that you hope for comes true you will still have to taste the bitterness of mortality. Whether by the sword or the slow decay of time Aragorn will die. And there will be no comfort for you, no comfort to ease the pain of his passing. He will come to death an image of the splendor of the kings of Men in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world.
But you, my daughter, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt as nightfall in winter that comes without a star."