Worth Fighting For

Here it is! This one is a bit short, so I thought I would release it after the very long 'Battle of Helm's Deep' chapter. I hope you enjoy, PLEASE vote and comment! ILYSM<3

In Osgiliath, Frodo and Sam were being led to Minas Tirith. They walked through the ruins, everything was quiet till a scream echoed into the air. Nazgûl. They started to tear apart the city, Frodo just walked. "What are you doing?" Sam yelled as Frodo kept walking. The Nazgûl still flies overhead and the soldiers are still trying to take cover. "Where are you going?" Sam yelled again; but Frodo comes to the middle of a bridge just as the Nazgûl flies before him. Frodo holds up the Ring. In that time hope was lost for Frodo, I just wanted to give up. I seemed easier that way.

Faramir brother of Boromir looks and the Fell Beast's claws extend towards Frodo. Just before Frodo puts on the Ring, Sam grabs his hands and pulls them apart. Both of them fall to the ground making the Fell Beast miss Frodo. Faramir shots an arrow at the Fell Beast making it retreat. Frodo and Sam fall down some stairs, but when they reach the bottom Frodo takes out his sword and holds it at Sam's throat.

Tears were already running down Sam's face, "It's me. It's your Sam. Don't you know your Sam?" Frodo falls backwards, hitting a wall and drops his sword. Frodo breathed heavily, "I can't do this, Sam." Sam stood up, "I know. It's all wrong. By rights, we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Fold in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going because they were holding on to something.

Frodo shakes his head, "What are we holding on to Sam?" Sam pulls Frodo up off the ground. "There is some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for!" Faramir walks over to them. He kneels on one knee in front of Frodo. "I think at last we understand one another, Frodo Baggins."

At the battle of Helm's Deep, every single soul fought for the freedom of Rohan, for men. The orcs all ran away from Helm's Deep, running into the forest. Théoden held up his sword, "Victory! We have victory!" They followed the orcs, and saw them retreat into the forest. "Stay out of the forest! Keep away from the trees!" Éomer backs his horse up as the rest of the soldiers watch the Uruks go into the forest. As soon as all of the Uruks are in there, the trees started to move and noises were heard. Legolas looks in awe and fear. Aragorn goes back to Helm's Deep, there Éowyn welcomes him with a hug. Soldiers put the Uruk bodies in a pile as Legolas walks towards where Gimli is smoking.

"Final Count, forty-two." Legolas muttered as he gazed upon his bow. Gimli nodded, "Forty-two? That's not bad for a pointy-eared Elvish princeling." Legolas looked up in confusion, "I myself am sitting pretty on forty-three." Legolas quickly gets out an arrow and aims it towards Gimli and fires. Legolas shot an Uruk that Gimli was sitting on, then smiled, "Forty-Three." "He was already dead." Legolas frowned, "He was twitching." Gimli lost it, "He was twitching because he's got my ax embedded in his nervous system!"

Gimli pushes his ax back and forth making the dead Uruk move. Tauriel walked up to them as Legolas embraces with open arms. Gimli smiled, "aw, that is wonderful." Tauriel rolled her eyes muttering, " You've changed, Legolas. It would seem you don't have as much of a dislike to dwarves; as you did sixty years ago." Gimil smiled as Legolas faced her, "I still can't stand them." Then Legolas looked at Gimli, "especially this one." Tauriel was about to walk away till she breathed, "if it helps ease your competition, forty-five." Legolas and Gimli widen their eyes as Tauriel smiled. "I started in the middle of the battle, just before Gimli needed-" Gimli interrupted her yelling, "no! No! It was nothing, don't you dare say it." Tauriel just walked away before whispering, "to be tossed." Legolas only heard it and only smiled.

Frodo and Sam walked through the forest after Sméagol, "I wonder if we'll ever be put into songs or tales." Frodo looked back at Sam, "What?" Sam shrugged his shoulders, "I wonder if people will ever say, 'Let's hear about Frodo and the Ring.' And they'll say, 'Yes! That's one of my favorite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn't he, Dad?' 'Yes, my boy. The most famousest of Hobbits. And that's saying a lot." Frodo looked back, "Sam, how would you know there is good left in the world?" Sam smiled, "lady Tauriel, her and I talked in Lórien. She'd always believe in good, even if the world was dark."

Frodo smiled as well, "she did, didn't she. I hope their alright." Sam walked up to Frodo, "I'm sure they are." Then they kept walking as Frodo looked back at Sam, "Well, you've left out one of the chief characters; 'Samwise the Brave.' I want to hear more about Sam." Frodo stopped walking and turned around, "Frodo wouldn't have gone far without Sam." "Now, Mr. Frodo, you shouldn't make fun. I was being serious." Frodo grinned, "So was I." Frodo turns back around and started walking. Sam adjusts his bag. "Samwise the Brave."

Gandalf and the others road up a hill that over looks the edge of Mordor. Tauriel road in between Legolas and Aragon. Gandalf gazed upon the darkness, "Sauron's wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift." A red explosion appeared in the distance. "The battle of Helm's Deep is over. The battle for Middle-Earth is about to begin. All our hopes now lie with two little Hobbits..." Gandalf smiled. Gollum continues to lead Frodo and Sam in the woods.

Gandalf sighed"...somewhere in the wilderness."

There it is! The next chapter will being in the Return of the King! Yay, Tauriel's big climax will happen in the next or the chapter after! Tell me what you think! PLEASE vote and comment! ILYSM<3xx forever1912