Warg Riders

Here it is! Sorry it took so long. This chapter has a BIG surprise. I hope you will enjoy this chapter! PLEASE vote and comment! ILYSM<3

The townspeople are in the process of leaving Edoras behind. Éowyn is in the hall. She takes a sword out of a chest, she glides her hand on the blade. She unsheathes it; she began to swing it around, practicing. Aragorn comes up behind her and as she turns with the sword he brings his dagger up to block it. "You have some skill with a blade." She swings the sword around, releasing Aragorn's block and points the sword at him.

"Women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain." "What do you fear my lady?" She glanced at him, "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them. And all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." "You're a daughter of Kings. A shield maiden of Rohan. I do not think that will be your fate." Aragon walked away as Tauriel walked up to Éowyn. "He's cares for you." Éowyn looked back to see an elf, "you do have some skill with a blade." She smiled, "I care for him as well, may I ask you what your name would be?" Tauriel smiled, "Tauriel. And you?" "Éowyn." They people of Rohan took their leave to Helms Deep.

"Théoden will not stay at Edoras. It's vulnerable, he knows this." Grima muttered as he rocked his body back and forth. "He will expect an attack on the city. They will flee to Helm's Deep, the great fortress of Rohan. It is a dangerous road to take through the mountains. It'll be slow; they will have women and children with them." Saruman traveled in to the pits below Isengard. He stopped and commanded to an orc, "Send out your Warg riders." The orc only grinned, Saruman turn to walk out but stopped and muttered, "There is a she-elf that holds great value to me. Bring her! Unspoiled."

"It's true, you don't see many Dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance that they're often mistaken for Dwarf men." Gimli chuckled to Éowyn as she turned back to smile at Aragon. "It's the beards." He whispered as he gestured a beard with his right hand. Éowyn shh's him with her mouth to keep him quiet so Gimli doesn't hear him. "This, in turn, has given rise to the belief..that there are no Dwarf women!" Éowyn smiled, "and that Dwarves just spring out of holes in the ground!" That is when Tauriel started to laugh, she joined Éowyn and Gimli in the laughter. "Which is, of course, ridiculous." The horse neighs and then takes off, sending Gimli flying off the horse onto the ground. Some refugee women "Oh!" at him, and Éowyn runs to him laughing. Éowyn turned to see Aragorn, who is laughing.

"It's all right. Nobody panic!" Gimli tries to get up but then Éowyn helps him up the rest of the way, "That was deliberate. It was deliberate." "I haven't seen my niece smile for a long time. She was a girl when they brought her father back dead. Cut down by Orcs." Théoden muttered as he road close to Aragon. " She watched her mother succumb to grief. Then she was left alone, to tend her king in growing fear. Doomed to wait upon an old man who should have loved her as a father." Aragon's face saddened as he breathed, " Tauriel shares the same fait." Théoden looked back to see Tauriel, "is that so?" "Her father's death is unknown; and her mother died of grief. She has lost many people, too many for a heart to take." Aragon sigh, "I worry for her."

They stopped to camp for the night, Tauriel stood on top of a high hill. Gazing upon the plain. "Did you feel alone. When you went to look for Aragon?" She knew Legolas was behind her, he stepped up beside her, "yes, but when we are forsaken, we feel serenity." Then he looked at her, his eyes dulled muttering, "grief." Was his one word, she look at him with curiosity, "grief?" He glanced down at the ground, "over time, pain became grief, sorrow becomes despair. Discomfort becomes torture-" "And life feels not worth living." Tauriel finished his sentence, she new the feeling. She felt the pain. "I cherished the times we'd shared." Legolas breathed as the sky slowly turned into night. "The stars, they hold so much memory, so much faith." Then he faced her, she could not tell if he was sad, in despair, or joyed. "It reminded me of you." Tauriel's heart skipped a beat, she didn't know if she felt fortunate, or cursed. She knew Legolas would have to go back to her, would go back to marry Amlaruil. She was carried out of her thoughts when Legolas continued talking, "I didn't feel so alone, when I thought of you. You carried me through, you were my hope. The only reason I lived, was to see you again."