Men of the West

Here it is! I am soooo sorry haven't been updating, just been really busy with school and my daily life. But here it is! Tell me what you think and... THIS IS NOT THE END. I hope you enjoy this chapter. PLEASE vote and comment! ILYSM<3

Tauriel was there, in the dark. You will be fine. You will be safe. You've deserved better. She heard a voice, soft and caring. The dark surrounded her, then she saw it, him. The light, the cause of the shimmer that was placed on the ground. She walked to the figure, she couldn't see his face, he shawn so bright that everything appeared to be white. He reached down and caressed her hand. She glanced down to see her pendant being placed in her hand. He was returning it. Who was he. Then he passed from sight. The white figure fluttered into a thousand white butterflies. Then one of the white butterflies wings skimmed her lips . Then landed on her figure. She gazed upon the white butterfly as it opened and closed it's wings. The feeling on her lips was so delicate. As if she was kissed by an angel, as if he was kissed by him.

Tauriel opened her eyes and gasped. She stood up, she was in the city of Mina's Tirth. She looked out to see Men preparing for battle, she could tell this battle was the last. She could tell they thought they were fated to die. And there was no chance she wouldn't be there to die amongst them.

The Host of the West marched from Minas Tirith to Mordor, led by Aragorn in king's armor. Near him rode Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Éomer, Merry and Pippin. Legolas viewed the black clouds covering the day. Covering the stars. As the fires of Mordor rose from the east, and as the men walked to their doom, Legolas whispered, "to where I fall, I fall in peace. I fall amongst my friends, my enemies. And to where I must fall, one star shall not fade. For I share thee light with my one and only faith." He smiled as he thought of Tauriel. Legolas's father told him once that was what Legolas's mother said before she faded.

Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas, and Éomer spur their horses forward toward the Gate. Aragorn looked up shouting fearlessly, "Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth! Let justice be done upon him!" There was a pause then the Black Gate began to open, and a dark rider on a dark, armor covered horse approached them. "My master, Sauron the Great, bids thee welcome." He makes a toothy grin as Aragorn returned a mocking look back at him. Then a rider rode up to their meeting and took their hood off. Tauriel. They all gazed upon her face, fearless and strong. The black rider smiled, "ah and there she is, flesh and blood. My master is waiting for you." Tauriel sneered, "he can wait past the grave." He jolted his head back and muttered, "Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me?" Gandalf staggered his breathed, "We do not come to treat with Sauron, faithless and accursed. Tell your master this: The armies of Mordor must disband. He is to depart these lands, never to return." The Mouth of Sauron sneered, "Old Greybeard. I have a token I was bidden to show thee." He pulled out the mithril coat, as all hitched their breathed. Pippin whispered, "Frodo."

The Mouth of Sauron tossed it to Gandalf. "Frodo!" Pippin repeated, "Silence." Gandalf breathed, and Merry's face washed away from color "No!" "Silence!" The Mouth of Sauron smiled, "The Halfling was dear to thee, I see. Know that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host. Who would've thought one so small could endure so much pain? And he did, Gandalf. He did." Then the black host gazed upon Tauriel, "and so will she, her immortal blood will become no more then dust under my master's feet." Legolas drew out his sword before Aragon stopped him.

Aragorn approached him, disgusted and filled with hate. The Mouth of Sauron turned his view on to the heir of Gondor, "And who is this? Isildur's heir? It takes more to make a king than a broken Elvish blade." Aragorn quickly drew out his sword and cut the Mouth of Sauron's head off. Gimli sighed, "I guess that concludes negotiations."

"I do not believe it. I will not." Aragon muttered before the Eye swung its gaze towards the North. Aragorn and the others gazed upon the Orcs marching towards them through the gate. Aragorn and the others rode back, "Pull back! Pull back!" Uncountable numbers of Orcs marched toward the Host of the West. The soldiers started to lose heart and courage. Aragorn shouted, "Hold your ground! Hold your ground." The Men stared at him, fear and uncertainty written on their faces. Aragorn rode back and forth in front of them, trying to shore up their courage. "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down. But it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

The Men drew their swords. Gimli muttered, "Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with elves." Legolas looked down, "What about side by side with a friend?" Gimli smiled, "Aye. I could do that." Then Legolas looked up to view Tauriel, he took her hand, "thus I have walked." She smiled, "and thus now will I sleep." Middle Earth stood still as the Eye of Sauron was completely focused on Aragorn. His voice echoed into Aragon's mind, "Aragorn. Elessar." Aragorn, motionless stared off at the Eye in the distance. He then turned to the army behind him. Seeing his friends, his heros, his people. He smiled. "For Frodo."

Aragorn ran towards the Orcs, with Merry and Pippin right behind him, then the rest of the army following behind them. Tauriel faced Legolas before they both ran into their doom. Tauriel took her sword and pierced an orc before releasing an arrow. As the battle continued Gandalf saw the Nazgûl flying over the dark and pale sky, and then suddenly a moth flew in front of his face, he smiled. In the sky, the cries of Eagles where be heard as several great Eagles appeared from the light. Pippin looked up and shouted joyfully, "Eagles! The Eagles are coming!"

Men's hope ran thin as Aragorn faced off against a Troll. Legolas pushed through shouting Aragon's name, but in all the chaos the world went silent as the Great Eye cries out in horror and pain. Sauron's troops suddenly pause and look back to Mordor, and then began to run away. Aragorn and the others stared in shock, as the tower of Barad-dûr falls, and the Eye of Sauron disappears. A great explosion blew out from the dying Eye, and the Black Gate and the lands in between collapsed and crumbled, taking most of Sauron's troops with them. Not just taking the evil but good as well. Tauriel caught her breathed before she fell on the ground, she could only hear Merry's cry, "Frodo! Frodo!" The top of Mount Doom suddenly erupted in a great fiery explosion, and Merry and the others watch in horror as they realize that their friends are in the midst of the eruption.

Legolas looked around for Tauriel, but what he saw was her cringing to the ground. "Tauriel!" Legolas ran to her alarming Aragon, Gandalf and the hobbits. Tauriel's eyes were faint, as she saw her fellowship crowed around her. "You are going to be fine, you've deserved better." Legolas whispered to her, she smiled, it was him. She closed her eyes and her voice echoed into the air, "death is just another path, one we all just take." Then a pure light came out of her, the light surrounded the fellowship as it turned into thousands of white butterflies. Aragon closed his eyes before seeing the white surrounding them. They all looked in awe as Gandalf caught one in his grasp.

The flutter of butterfly wings was heard, but then Legolas heard that the fluttering was her voice. "to where I fall, I fall in peace. I fall amongst my friends, my enemies. And to where I must fall, one star shall not fade. For I share thee light with my one and only faith. For this is to my fellowship. To Legolas." As the butterflies flew up and towards the sun, the eyes of the fellowship weeped. But for Legolas, he never weeped, he never cried. Not even for his mother. But this he'd never forgot, what he will never forget.

There it is! And SHE IS NOT DEAD. I really am proud of this chapter, especially the ending! Tell me what you think! PLEASE comment and vote! ILYSM<3xx forever1912