The Council of Elrond

Here it is! I got 6k on my first book and my head has exploded!! Thank you!! And for so many views on this new book in one day! You keep surprising me by the minute. You are so extraordinary!! I hope you will enjoy this chapter! PLEASE comment and vote!<3

"Legolas."

Legolas road into Rivendell as he got off his horse he viewed the area until he saw a strand of red hair on the balcony. He frowned as he walked closer muttering, "Tauriel?" He thought, no! She gone. "She's far away from me." He whispered to himself looking down. He took one last glance before he walked his horse through the pathway. When she saw Legolas she quickly hid behind the drapes. Her breath was heavy, she closed her eyes as the one voice echoed her mind. She's far away from me. She's gone.

She got interrupted by an elf walking up to her, "My lady. You have been summoned, to The Council of Elrond. It is held next morning." She nodded as the elf left.

Tauriel walked through Rivendell. Glancing at the trees, how gracefully the leafs fell. The sound of the wind, and the light of the stars. It reminded her of home. Of him. She was about to cross a bridge when she heard taking, she quickly turned her head against the tree and listen. "You said you'd bind yourself to me. Forsaking the immortal life of your people." Aragon muttered. She glanced to see Aragon running his fingers cross Arwen's Evenstar pendant. "And to that I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." Tauriel looked down shutting her eyes close. "I choose a mortal life." Arwen muttered. Tauriel opened eyes and glanced back thinking, you would give all that for love? "You cannot give me this!" Aragon said as he looked at Arwen's eyes. she smiled. "It is mine to give to whom I will... like my heart." Then there was a silence, "my heart?" Tauriel muttered. She knew how to fight, how to care, to love......but she knew nothing of loving from the heart. "Tauriel?" She glanced up to see Legolas.

"Legolas." She breathed as he came closer to her, "I am so blessed to see your face again." The back of his hand softly stroked her cheek. "Legolas." She muttered as she laid down his hand, "we can't do this, not now. To many dark days have gone by. So many they even dull the good ones." "We are still bound, from that night, that promise." She looked at him whispering, "yes." Before she swiftly turn her head and walked away. "Who was Tauriel from your pass." Legolas glanced back to see Aragon. "She was the one I loved. And I left her." Legolas answered simply, "loved?" Aragon asked, Legolas faced Aragon, "do I sill love her?" He muttered as he turned his head to see the stars. Aragon sighed, "what does your heart tell you?" There was a silence, "that I love her....yes, I still love her."

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. MiddleEarth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall." Lord Elrond announced. Tauriel sat next to Aragon, she would glance at Legolas from time to time. "Each race is bound to this fate-this one doom. Bring forth the Ring, Frodo." Elrond said as he gestured his hand.

Frodo walked up and placed the ring on the pedestal. The council members start to whisper among themselves. Tauriel started at it with deep hatred, as did all the council members. "So it is true." Boromir breathed as Aragon glanced at him.

"It is a gift. A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring?" Boromir got up from his chair demanding. "Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe! Give Gondor the weapon of the Enemy. Let us use it against him!" Tauriel looked down and sighed, "You cannot wield it! None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master."Aragon answered as Boromir turned to face him, "And what would a ranger know of this matter?" Then Legolas stood up in rage demanding, "This is no mere ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance."

Boromir looked in disbelief and breathed, "Aragon? This... is Isildur's heir?" "And heir to the throne of Gondor." Legolas could not help but glance at Tauriel who was looking at him. "Havo dad Legolas (Sit down Legolas)." Tauriel muttered as she looked down. Boromir turn to walk back to his seat muttering in disgust, "Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king." Gandalf sighed saying, "Aragorn is right. We cannot use it." Then Lord Elrong stood up from his chair and demanded, "You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed." Gimil looked around then shouted, "What are we waiting for?" He stood up and grabbed his axe. Tauriel was about to stand up but Aragon place a hand on her shoulder, as she sat back down. Gimli strikes the Ring as hard as he can, but is thrown back, falling to the ground.

Frodo sees the Eye of Sauron in his mind and winces in pain. The Ring remains intact with the shards of Gimil's axe around it. "The Ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin by any craft that we here posses. The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you, must do this." Elrond muttered.

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly!" Boromir muttered as Legolas stood up and shouted, "Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed!" "And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?!" Gimil demanded as he leaps to his feet. "And if we fail, what then?! What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?!" Boromir got to his feet, as Gimil shouted, "I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf!" The other Elves raised from their chairs and started shouting at Gimli and the other Dwarves. " Never trust an Elf!" Legolas holds out his hand to stop them from starting a fight. Tauriel rises in rage shouting, "Do you not understand that while we bicker among ourselves, Sauron's power grows?! None can escape it!" Frodo watches the Ring, the angry figures of the council reflected on its surface.

Suddenly, flames flare up, surrounding the surface of the Ring and voice fell into the air, "Ash Nazg Durbatulûk! Ash Nazg Gimbatul! Ash Nazg Gimbatul! Ash Nazg Gimbatul." The intensity of the arguments rises Frodo takes a step toward the council. "I will take it! I will take it!"

Everyone stops arguing as it went silent. Gandalf closes is eyes as he hears Frodo's voice. Everyone slowly turns toward Frodo, he looked up demanding, "I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though.. I do not know the way." Gandalf smiled as he walked towards Frodo, " I will help you bear the burden, Frodo Baggins. As long it is yours to bear." Aragon stood up, " if by my life or death, I can protect you. I will." He walked to Frodo and kneeled before him, "you have my sword." Legolas walked up saying, "and you have my bow." "And by my axe." Gimil demanded as he stood next to Legolas giving him an uncomfortable stare. Tauriel stood up, "with my life I will follow you, till the end. You have my daggers."

Boromir approached Frodo and muttered, "You carry the fates of us all little one. If this is indeed the will of the council,then Gondor will see it done." Then a hobbit came out of a bush, "hey! Mr. Frodo is not goin' anywhere without me!" Sam demanded as he crossed his arms. Lord Elrond looked at him, "No indeed, it is hardly possible to separate you even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not." Then two more hobbits shouted as they ran up, "Wait! We are coming too!" "You'd have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us!" Merry added as he smiled, "Anyway you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission, quest... thing." Merry looked at Pippin and whispered, "Well that rules you out Pip." Gandalf smiled as Lord Elrond announced, "ten companions... So be it! You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring!" Pippin smiled at asked, "Great! Where are we going?"

They all got packed and ready of the journey. As Tauriel embraced Arwen she muttered, "don't lose hope." Tauriel new what she meant, Legolas. She glanced at the rest of the fellowship. Gandalf looked back muttering, "let the journey begin."

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I have a big twist that is going to happen in the story! I have so much fun writing this chapter! PLEASE vote and comment! ILYSMxx forever1912