Chapter 9: Going To Mimban

The next day was...pretty okay, everyone seemed to be in a pretty good mood. Except Rey. She had a lot on her mind, she had been up for most of the night thinking about Alix's connection with the Loth-wolf and finding out that she holds a power than any other Jedi. If Alix was to be safe and away from any other threats, then she was going to have to make a huge choice for her daughter. Something that Ben wouldn't like.

She didn't want to tell him now because she thought that now wasn't a good time. She was alone in the Falcon, just sitting by the holochess table when Ben walked, he looked as if he ran all the way here to come get her.

"You need to come see this," he said.

He brought her to the main control room, where everyone else was standing at.

"What's going on?" she asked.

Everyone looked at her.

"Your probably not going to like this but...we need you two to go on another mission," Poe said.

"What? Where?" she said.

"Mimban," Finn said.

"And why do we need to go there?"

"We got a recent in-tell that there have been weapons that are being shipped there for some reason and we think...Garrick might be behind it," Rose informed her.

It had been seven years since Rey had heard that name, the last time she encountered Garrick he almost killed her baby and tried to kill her and Ben. They probably wanted her and Ben to go because they knew more about Garrick than they did, but a mission like this was something that she didn't think she was up for.

"No," she said.

Everyone, even Ben, looked at her with surprise. She had never turned down a mission before. She was always up to the task to go on an adventure but this was something that she could not turn down.

"Wait, what?" Poe said.

"N-O. No."

"We're asking to do the simplest task and your refusing?"

"Yeah, I am," she said.

She walked away in silence and everyone was just dumbfounded. Ben felt a little embarrassed.

This was something that Rey would never do and even Ben thought so. He followed her back up and finally caught up with her.

"What just happened back there?" he asked her.

"Gee let me think. Oh wait, I said no," she was being sarcastic.

"Why?"

"Why, what?"

"Why did you say no?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, but did you forget that we now have a child to take care of, plus the fact that even when we leave her here for even a little bit she gets into trouble? My answer is no," she said.

Ben didn't know what to do, but Rey was being a little overprotective of their daughter. She seemed very tense and unsure about something, he just didn't know what but he had a feeling that something was going on in her mind.

"Then why don't we take her with us," he blurted out.

She turned at him quickly and just glared.