Chapter 8: Escape

Ben got up immediately and Rey grabbed the baby and the three of them went to the back room and hid in the same spot, only this time Rey covered the baby with a blanket.

They heard a loud banging on the door and heard the door opening.

Kitso and his gang walked in quickly and shoved Jyn out of the way.

"Where are they?" he asked.

"Who?" Jyn asked.

"Don't play games, Jyn. Today I heard that you were caught at the airport with two fugitives and that you brought them back here, now where are they?"

"I already told you there's no one here," she said.

He laughed at her, "We'll see about that," he said. He told his men to search the place.

Ben and Rey looked up as the gang searched the home again. Rey had to keep the baby covered up so she wouldn't make any sounds. They saw their shadows pass on top and the sound of their feet under the creaking wood.

They searched the entire place and left no bed unturned and and no closet untouched and yet again they didn't find anything or anyone. Jyn became very nervous that if Kitso found Rey and Ben then it would be game over. They all grouped back in the front.

"Nothing again, sir," one of the gang members said.

Kitso turned to look at Jyn and got up close in her face.

"We'll be back again tonight and don't even think about leaving. We will find you." He and his gang left the home and Ridley quickly locked and bolted the door.

Ridley came in the back room, "You can come out, they're gone."

Ben moved the floor board and got out, then Ridley came over to the hole to help Rey and the baby get up and out. They all went to the front where Jyn was waiting.

She looked at them with a nervous expression.

Ridley looked at her, "Jyn, what do we do?"

"We need to leave this place now, like right now," she said.

Ben knew that Jyn was right, they all had to leave, and now before Kitso and his gang came back and discovered that they were here.

They all packed up their stuff, they all put on black and dark clothes so they wouldn't be spotted. As they hurried to get ready, Rey had to wrap the baby in a black blanket and make sure to keep her under her jacket so no one would see or notice her.

Once they left the place, they managed to get through all the other people who were scattered around the whole place. Everyone kept talking about fugitives that were sneaked into the homes and are still here. They made their escape and reached an abandoned speeder but before they could take off. They heard a whistle, Jyn turned around, she saw Kitso and his gang heading towards them, they jumped in the speeder and sped off.

It was a bumpy ride, Kitso and his men began firing at them, Ben was driving the speeder so he kept making a lot of sharp turns, sometimes the speeder would almost turn over if the turn was very sharp, he drove the speeder to where they had recently left the Falcon. Kitso was getting closer and closer. Ben looked forward and saw a tight enclosure nearby. He sped up. The enclosure's doors began to close shut.

He was certain that they would make it.

Jyn looked as to where he was going, "Ben."

"Hold on," he said.