~Memories End ~

Rayn had paused his explanation to catch his breath. He was sure that Goddric and Asami would be ready to reject him and find his disgusting. However he needed to continue to tell them the rest."Rick had kept his word, it started as every few night, but quickly became nightly once my mom had passed out drunk." Rayn continued as he looked around the room to see the expressions on their faces. All wore faces that looked horrified, enraged and held sorrow, except Jeff as he already knew what had happened, he just had a sullen expression. They had all been silently listening as Rayn talked.

"Why didn't you run away?" Eric interrupted unable to keep the question,that they all were thinking, to himself. Rayn gave a sarcastically bitter chuckle. "I tried to, but Rick held a higher position in the Pack and I was caught before I got far away by his friends. Not only did he beat me half to death, but he also let his friends rape me.That was the start of being treated like a prostitute. To him I was just a hole he could sell out to his friends and outsiders from around the area at night. This happened for years, and when I was 16Rick not only made me work at night but forced me to get my GED and start working during the day as well. I never worked in one place to long. I would usually have to quit when people started asking to many questions."

"That was until Rick got me a job at Jeff's bar. His thought was no one would ask questions there. It was a bar, who would care if there was bruises. I had been working with Jeff for about three or four months when he finally pulled me aside. I had yet again been forced to take customers the night before but Rick had also given me a particularly bad beating. I could no longer keep it in and lost it. I told Jeff everything. Regret and fear consumed me. I had just told someone about it all. I begged Jeff not to say of do anything. Rick had made it clear he would kill me if anyone had found out. Of course I wouldn't have minded honestly, but even though my mom had just stood there and watch him beat me, she was still my mom and I was afraid of what he would do to her. Like Jeff had said earlier was true. We had been putting money aside. However a week before I was going to be eighteen my mom attacked me." The room was quite as he told them about the night she attacked him.

~Rayn's Memory~

Rayn had just gotten home from work to find his mom waiting in the front room for him. "You son of bitch, how could you!" She screamed at him drunkenly. "What do you mean? I just got home mom." Rayn replied shock that she was yelling at him. Rick was usually the one yelling at him. "Don't give me that shit you little whore! You,you...." She was shaking with rage. Rayn lost to why his mom was so made tried to go to her and hug her. That had only earned him a smack in the face. "Don't touch me you dirty whore!" She spat at him."Mom what is wrong, why are you acting like this???" Rayn cried confused. "Don't you play innocent now." She spat as she pushed him with all her might causing him to stubble and fall hitting the floor hard. "You slept with him! You couldn't just be quite and do as your told. You had to go and sleep with my man." She grabbed the knife that was sitting on the coffee table. "I'm gonna kill you!You are nothing but a worthless, man stealing slut." She screamed as Rayn rushed to his get to his feet and just barely dodged the knife as she came at him. "Mom stop this. I didn't do it because I wanted to. He was raping me!" Rayn pleaded, but his mom wasn't listening and swung the knife at him again. This time Rayn had been to slow and he felt the knife as it cut into his face. If it had been any deeper it he would have lost his eye. He pushed her away and she threw the night as she fell. Rayn held his face tears were mixing with blood. His mom was still yelling about killing him and saying nasty stuff no mom should ever say to her child.

Rayn in pain, bleeding and scared did the only thing he could think of. He ran to Jeff. When ran bust through the employee entrance in the back of the bar Jeff had been in the room loading the dishwasher and dropped the tray of glasses he was holding, they shattered ever where. "What the hell happen!" He yelled as he ran to Rayn grabbing clean rags from the shelf along the way. "Mom... mom...found out.... blamed me... attacked..." Blacking out in Jeff's arms.

When Rayn came too he was in a room he didn't know and his right eye was painful and covered in what he guessed was bandages. Confusing set in followed by hurt and fear. His mom had really tried to kill him.Tears welled up and started to fall. He hear the door to the room open and panic set in. "Its okay now kid. Calm down, no is going to hurt you anymore." A voice Rayn quickly recognized as Jeff spoke."W-where am I?" Rayn asked his voice cracking as he spoke. "You are safe, this is my sisters place." "How..." "Did you get here? After you blacked out at the bar I rushed you to my friends place. He just happened to be a doctor. Your face was in bad shape and you lost a lot of blood. He was able to patch you up and gave you a blood transfusion. He kept you over night and the next afternoon,when he said you where safe to travel I hauled ass to my sisters.""Why! Rick is just going to find me again, why didn't you just let me die." Rayn cried. "Because kid, you don't deserve to die. As far as Rick goes, we are a state away and I covered your scent. On the highly unlikely chance we are on my sisters pack land and the whole pack will kill him the minute he steps on pack land." Jeff told him as he wiped away Rayn's tears. "Damn it, I am so sorry kid. I should have brought you here after you told me everything....""Stop Jeff. You didn't know this would happen." "I know but...." "No buts. This isn't your fault and I am safe now."Yes you are." Jeff said with full certainty.

~End of Memory~

General Point of View Change- Asami, Goddric and Rayn

"I spent the next seven months there. The pack had been so helpful and kind, unlike anything I had felt in years. After they found out about my love of working on cars they started teaching me all kinds of things and I loved it there, it was still to close to Rick and his pack. I could never really feel safe. So with their help I moved all the way here, and well you know the rest." Rayn told them. A since of relief filled him for a moment, but soon fear consumed him. He had told them everything. Surely they were disgusted, surely they didn't want him anymore. Tears spilled from his eyes, the fear of the coming rejection was almost to much. However that wasn't what happened Asami and Goddric pulled him between them and just held him as he cried.They petted his head and whispered calming word. After what seemed like hour Rayn pulled away apologizing. "Why are you apologizing Little one." Goddric asked him confused, but the confusion didn't last long as he realized what Rayn had meant. "Stop, stop that thinking right now!" Asami gave him a strange look. "He thinks we are going to reject him." Asami gasped in shock. "That isn't going to happen!" Asami exclaimed as he stared straight into Rayn's eyes. "Your past doesn't affect the way we feel about you Rayn. We love you no matter how many time we have to tell you that." Asami cooed as he pulled Rayn into his embrace. "Rayn what happened to you is beyond horrible, but that doesn't matter to us. We still want you, we still love you." Goddric said as he joined the embrace.Rayn cried into Asami's chest repeating thank you over and over again.

"Lets call it a night." Goddric suggested Rayn simply nodded. He was exhausted, they all were. "Sounds good, we can talk more tomorrow."Jeff said as he stood up, Eric at his side to show him to a guestroom, but not before the both hugged Rayn. Though Jeff knew about what happened it still effected him, and Eric's heart felt like it was breaking as he listen to Rayn talk about his past. "Have a good rest Luna." "Thank you Eric." Rayn whispered his not trusting his voice. Goddric and Asami ushered Rayn upstairs and to bed. That night the held onto him as tight as they could with out hurting him.They all drifted to sleep and for the first time in years Rayn wasn't plagued with nightmares.