Chapter 26

A/N: Chapter one of my new work The Human Omega is posted. So if you are looking for something else to read I would love for you to take a look! Also if you are not already following me. please do! That way you stay up to date on what I'm doing writing wise! As always Thanks for your support!

Chapter 26

~ General Point of View Change –Asami and Goddric ~

Asami was the first to fully process what had just happened with their mate. He sighed and looked at Goddric. They were both upset about what had just happened with Rayn. For him it wasn't so much about Rayn snapping at him in the kitchen, but for both of them the fact that Rayn had blocked Goddric out without so much as a single word, that was the real issue. "Well that was a disaster." He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands. "Did you really have to say that to him?" "Just what do you expect from me Asami. He broke his promise." "I expect you to treat him like an adult. I mean fuck Goddric we literally just talked about this last night and this morning. You are acting like a helicopter mom. Its no wonder he just snapped at you and is now crying in our room. Even I am starting to wonder if you are taking his feeling into consideration."  He watched as Goddric sighed and rubbed his chin. "Have I really been that bad?" "Yes, you have. Ever since we got back you have been hovering. It wasn't a big deal when he was on all the restrictions, but its starting to really bother him. The fact that he is only just now snapping at you is a miracle. You really need to tone it down, before you end up causing him to hate you." "Damn it, this isn't good. The last thing I want is for him to hate me. I just can't help feeling uneasy about this and this was exactly what I was worried about." "Yes, I was too but you do understand that you basically just told him that you don't trust him." "What? I do trust him." "Well based on what you just told him. That is not clear. From his point of view it looks like you have absolutely no trust in him." He explained to Goddric bitterly. He was more upset with how Goddric had handled this then he was with how Rayn had. "I have seriously just fucked up." Goddric mumbled. "Yes you really have. Lets give him a few minutes to calm down and then we can try talking to him." Asami said firmly.

Twenty minutes later Rayn finally came out of the bedroom. Asami called him over to him. At first Rayn had ignored him by walking past, but soon after was back holding a bottle of water. He pulled Rayn into his lap and just held him. Another five minutes past before anyone spoke. "Rayn I am sorry." Goddric said as he gentle rubbed Rayn's feet. Rayn sighed and took a swallow from his water. "I know." Rayn said meekly. "I mean it Rayn. I wasn't making myself clear and I hurt you. Asami pointed it out that what I said made it seem like I don't trust you. I do trust you, I am just scared of what could happen. You have already been through so much that I just want to keep you safe. We both do." "I know Goddric, but it really does feel like you don't trust me, and that more than anything hurts." Asami pulled Rayn closer to his chest and wiped away a stray tear from his mate's face. He looked over at Goddric and could clearly see the pain and regret in his eyes. "Can you ever forgive me Little one?" Goddric asked softly his voice barely managing not to crack. It was the first time Asami had ever seen Goddric this close to crying. He reached over and gave him a reassuring squeezing on the shoulder. "I forgive you, but this can't happen again." Rayn said as he moved himself from Asami's lap to his. Goddric wrapped his arm around Rayn's slender waist and kissed him deeply. "I promise I will be more careful with my words. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you like this." Goddric told him as he kissed the Rayn's forehead. A moment later Rayn's stomach growled causing them all to bust out laughing. "And on that note, how about I make us some lunch." Goddric said after he stopped laughing. "Now that sounds like a great idea. Oh, we should have the watermelon Debbie brought over yesterday." Rayn told him eagerly.

After they had finished lunch it was 1:20 so they all got ready and headed to Rayn's doctors appointment. The appointment took roughly about forty-five minutes, but the doctor had given then the green light to stop all but two of the medications. He didn't want to stop all of them at once so he kept the anxiety and depression medications but dropped the dosage on both. It was clear to both of them that Rayn was happy about this. He hated taking the pills and they hated seeing him unhappy about having to take them. "That went well." Rayn told them both as they walked to the car. "Yes it did. We know you were hoping to get off all the medication, but like the doctor said. Its best not to stop everything just yet. You are making amazing progress but I think keeping the depression and anxiety medication is also a good idea." Goddric said while holding the car door open for Rayn. "I know. Thanks. Oh hey before we go home can we stop by Home Depot?" Rayn asked excitedly. "Um, sure? Why do you need to stop by Home Depot?" Goddric asked as he slipped into the drivers seat and started the car. "I need my own set of tools at the house. So I want to look at the mechanic sets they have as well as some other tools." "You know you can use the tools in the garage, right Love?" Asami asked from the back seat. "I know and I do, but I still want a set of my own." They both noticed Rayn fidget while talking. "Is there something your not telling us?" Asami asked half joking and half concerned. "It's nothing bad. I just... never.. owned my own tools. Ha... I must sound stupid..." "Nothing you said makes you sound stupid Rayn. If owning your own set of tools makes you happy then that's all that matters." Goddric told him as he gave Rayn's knee a reassuring squeeze.