Chapter 7

A/N: How are you liking it so far? I have been having so much fun writing this. I am sorry this chapter took so long. Being a single mom of two kids, which our home schooled due to covid is rough. lol.

Chapter 7

*General Point of View Change – Goddric *

Goddric wanted nothing more then to stay and talk more with Rayn and Asami, but there was pressing work matters that had to be done. "I wish that I didn't have to work, but I do. I'll be back this evening." He grumbled as he got off the couch to get ready. He wasn't going far,just down stairs to this office, but still he didn't want to leave his mates. Especially after Rayn's heartbreaking outburst before breakfast. However the pack also needed him to do his job he reasoned as he kissed Rayn's head and headed to his office.

It was his job to review finances of the pack, as well as train the warriors, arrange patrol schedules and follow up that the pack beta Eric to see that his stuff is handled. Were as Asami was the actual pack Alpha so he handed all the other responsibilities that he didn't pass to Goddric or Eric. Eric was in charge of all the book keeping and handling complaints that the pack has, and soon Rayn would be helping handle things when he officially becomes the packs Luna. Before he entered the office to get started on pack business he called James and explained what had happened at the club and that Rayn would betaking some time off.

"Morning Goddric, its not like you to be late, everything okay?" Eric asked as he entered the office. "Yeah, its good now." Goddric said as he walked to his desk and the awaiting stack of complaint resolutions he needed to approve or disapprove of. "Oh?" Eric said while cocking an eyebrow in his direction. Goddric though for a moment before explaining about the outburst to Eric. "Rayn started breaking down on us. Talking about how he was worthless and not fit to be our mate. He didn't go into a lot of detail, but it turns out he was not only physically and mentally abused by his mom after his dad died, but he was also sexually abused. He completely believes that the only thing his is good for is fixing cars." "That's just..." Goddric watched as Eric ran and hand through his hair. It wasn't very often that he was at a loss for words. "Do you want to hold off on pack stuff so you can be with him today?" "I do, but I can't. I am behind as is. So lets try and get this knocked out.Where is the report from last nights rogue attack?" Goddric asked as he started going through the papers on the desk.

As the morning wore on Goddric and Eric managed to get all off the current complaints taken care of and placed an order for supplies the pack needed. "Does Amy need anything for the hospital? I didn't see any order slips from her." "Nope, this month has been slow at the hospital so she is still fully stocked common items. She said she placed the order for medications and medical supplies, and that the invoices are in the book." Eric replied.

*General Point of View Change – Goddric, Asami and Rayn *

"Our you sure you feel up to leaving the apartment?" Asami asked for the second time. "Yes, I am fine. Goddric didn't seem happy to have leave us to go to work, so it might make his day if we have lunch with him.""You seen that huh?" "Uh-huh." Rayn replied as he finished making a few sandwiches for them. They had been talking about their dream cars when Rayn's stomach rumbled. Asami admitted he was not a very good cook, but that he was welcome to use the kitchen as he please. After looking around Rayn made a plan and that's when it hit him that Goddric might be hungry too. It was true that vampires needed blood to survive, but they also ate regular food as well.

After he finished making the food. Asami packed it up and insisted on carrying it to the office. Along the way to the office Asami explained about what rooms made up the first and second floor and how the top floor was the Alpha suite. "And this here is mine and Goddric's office." He said as he opened the door and walked in, revealing Eric and Goddric hard at work discussing something. "What are you two doing here?"Goddric asked in surprise. "Rayn insisted that you might be hungry so he made us lunch." Asami explained as he and Rayn walked over to Goddric's desk. "Perfect timing, Eric and I were just talking about what to do for lunch." Goddric said as he gave Rayn and warm smile as he pulled Rayn into his lap. "And with that, I'll take this as my cue to leave." Eric chuckled and walked out of the office.

They ate lunch while Goddric filled Asami in on some minor pack issues. Of course this peaked Rayn's curiosity and he slowly began asking questions. "I love that he is asking questions." "Same here." Goddric agree through their link. "We need to start a new training class for the upcoming warrior candidates." "Warrior candidates?"Rayn questioned Asami. "The pack's main protection is done by the packs warriors. Each spring and fall we have training orientation for the members in the pack that have turned thirteen. Every one takes the orientation which teaches basic fighting and self defense, and then they can decide if they wish to continue on to advanced warrior training." Asami explained. "That's amazing, I mean I get the boys taking the the training but the girls too?" "Yep, we want all of our pack to at the very least be able to protect themselves.It helps to empower them and makes them feel more confident outside of the pack. If you would like we would more then happy to train you." Goddric explained, the last part was said with a sexy smirk."Uh-huh, are sure your not just looking for an excuse to look and touch my ass?" Rayn remarked coyly and Asami just laughed. "Well that is a plus, but we also want you to be able to protect yourself even if we are not there." Goddric added in, "but your ass isn't the only thing we want to touch."

A knock at the door stopped their conversation. "It's open." Asami called. A moment later two young boys and Eric entered the office. "Sorry to interrupt you Alpha, but Sam and Mickey here decided to cause trouble at school. Again." Eric explained. "What did you two do this time?" Asami sighed. "They were suspended from school for fight..." "We had a reason Alpha!" One of the boys yelled cutting off Eric. "It doesn't matter, you know the rules." Asami barked back at the boys making them flinch. "We don't train you to fight so that you can go and beat up who ever you want!" "But Alpha it wasn't...." Asami started to yell at them some more, when Rayn placed his hand on Asami's shoulder and spoke up. "Asami, it might not be my place to say this, and I don't know what kind of past issues you have had with them. However, maybe you should at hear them out? If what we talked about earlier is true then they may actually have had a good reason to fight." Asami looked at him for a moment surprised that Rayn had actually stepped in to try and protect the boys. Asami and Goddric both smirked. "Spoken like a true Luna",they agreed. "Rayn is right, but it had better be a damn good reason or you can expect one hell of a punishment." Asami said as he looked back at the boys standing there with a slightly confused look on there faces, until it clicked that Rayn was the Alpha and Goddric's mate. "Well?" Asami said clearing his throat. "Oh,yeah. So me and Mickey were on the way to class when one of the male seniors, a vampire, started hitting on one of the cheerleaders. I over heard them arguing after she turned him down. He tried again and when shes still said no, he slapped her and putting his hand on her in a sexual way while telling her that she didn't have a choice because she was just a human. So we did what we had too and kicked his ass." The boy, Sam, explained. Asami sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose thinking over what he was just told. He could see Rayn subconsciously clinch his jaw when Sam was explaining their reason. "Given the reason, I agree the kid had it coming, but I can't completely ignore the fact that you broke the rules. So you will still have to be punished." Asami finally said after thinking it over.

"Seeing as your soon to be Luna was the one to step in to help you. I think he should also be the one to give your punishment." "Me?!" Rayn squeaked in shock at Asami's statement. "Yes you, as Luna one of you tasks will be assisting Eric with things of this nature. It doesn't have to be anything crazy, just think of something you would of hated to have to do at their age." Goddric explained as reassuring as possible.Rayn felt a bit uncomfortable about this. He still wasn't sure why they wanted him as a mate, but still it made him happy that they wanted him to be apart of the pack. "Um...okay." Rayn though fora moment. "Um. How long are they suspended for?" "Two weeks."Eric replied. "Okay, and they are both seniors?" "Yes.""Hm... Oh I know. How about having them both write ten page essays one on a history and science topic of their choice as well as one on pack law. Which would be due next Friday?" You could hear the boys groan at the thought of writing essays. Their eyes practically pleading their Alpha to instead give them something like extra work or patrols. "Sounds perfect." Asami smirk making the boys groan louder before the said replied with "Yes Luna." Rayn felt out of place, but at the same time it felt right. Which only seemed to increase his uneasiness. "You did wonderful." Goddric said to Rayn to reassure him, Eric and Asami agreed.