Chapter 10

Chapter 10

*General Point of View Change – Rayn*

Rayn had just finished up the last of his tasks today when Matt came over to him."Hey man, there is someone here for you." "Who?" "No clue,its an old dude, smells like a wolf. He said he would wait for you out front." "Okay, thanks Matt." Rayn said as he finished putting his tools away. He changed quickly, but hesitated as he needed the front door. Rayn adjusted his hat anxiously, he knew his mates where on their way to pick him up and debated waiting for them before he stepped outside. However he opted to get it over with and exited the building. "Hey kid." A familiar voice said. Rayn turned to see Jeff leaning against the building smoking a cigarette."Jeff, what are you doing here?!" Rayn blurted out. "Came to see you of course." Rayn started to ask why when he was protectively pulled behind Asami and Goddric. "Well I'll be damned kid, you found your mates." Jeff said sounding relieved. "Who the fuck are you?" Asami growled out a warning at the unknown wolf."Wait Asami, Goddric. Its okay. I know him." Rayn said as he pushed out from behind them. "You know him? From where?" Goddric asked in disbelief. "From...." "From his hometown." Jeff finished, which only made Asami and Goddric more angry and protective of Rayn. "Wait you idiots!" Rayn yelled and Goddric pulled him to his chest and Asami moved to a defensive stance. All three of the men looked at him. Rayn's face was red from yelling so loud. "He's.. a.. friend..." Rayn huffed out as he caught his breath. His mates relaxed a little bit, but Rayn could still feel the edge of distrust and anger. "Seems like you are doing a lot better huh kid?" "Yeah Jeff. I really am." Rayn said as he looked and his mates. A smile played across his normally stoic face for a moment before the realization of Jeff being there come rushing in. "Um, be the way.Jeff why are you here?" "About that, is there some where we can talk?" The way Jeff asked that had Rayn worried. Asami suggested they go to the pack house and talk. It had shocked Rayn when Jeff agreed with out a second thought.

Asami had lead the group to there office where Eric was already waiting for them. "You realize your being quite rude, Jeff is a good guy." Rayn huffed at the site of Eric in the office and not to mention three of the packs warriors that greeted them when they arrived. "Good guy or not, you are our mate and the packs Luna. Protecting you is our job."Goddric replied bitterly. "Its okay kid, I don't expect a warm welcome from your mates." Jeff said honestly. "Stop growling at him Asami." Rayn scolded. "Moving on, Jeff why are you here? I talked to you last month and as you can see I am fine." "I know kid and I am damn happy for you. I have prayed to the Goddess everyday since you get out of there that you would find some one to treat you good." "Get to your point." Goddric snapped rudely."Right, Rayn not sure how much you care, but your mom passed away."Jeff said nervously. He didn't know how much Rayn had told his mates,and the resulting growls let him know they at least knew something."When?" "Last week." H-how?" Rayn chocked out, not really sure he wanted to know. "Rick and her got into it and he beat her to death." Jeff looked worried as he watched Rayn react to the news. As much as Rayn hated her, she was still his mom and hearing she was gone had effected him more then he thought it would. Goddric had pulled him into his lap when they had sat down in the office and now Rayn was grateful for it as he cried into his chest. No one said anything until Rayn had stopped crying. It was hard for him, but Rayn was sure it was even harder for his mates to watch him crying. "Here Luna." Eric said softly as he handed him a glass of water."Thanks." Rayn replied weakly. After a few more minutes of silence Rayn finally spoke again. "Thank you letting me know.W-what happened with Rick?" "The bastard finally got what he deserved. After we managed to get you the hell out of there a rogue showed up and challenged the Alpha and won. He totally restructured the pack. Cleaned it up really well and when he killed your mom it also came to light all the fucked up shit he and his friends did to you. The Alpha killed him, painfully." Rayn was stunned at what Jeff had told him so much so that he didn't realize he was having a panic attack until Asami and Goddric had pulled him out of it. "I need to lay down." Rayn said after he was calmed down. His mates were worried, but Rayn reassured them that he was just overwhelmed by it all and needed to lay down. Asami and him excused themselves while Goddric, Eric and Jeff talked among themselves.

*General Point of View Change – Goddric and Asami *

After about twenty minutes Asami returned to the Office. "He's asleep." He informed them. "Okay now, just who are you to him?" Asami said pointblank. "I figured that was coming. I don't know how much Rayn has told you about the hell he went through, but I was one of the people that helped him get away. My names Jeff Niche and I am sure you already know I run the bar he was working at before he came here."The resulting growls he got told him he was right. "Its a bit of along story so bare with me. To start with Rick was his mom's boyfriend and also the one that hurt him. Now before you kill me, you need to understand I didn't find out about what was happening to him till almost eight months after he started working for me, and Goddess knows that if I had known I would have acted sooner." Jeff started,Asami and Goddric could see the sorrow in this eyes. "Rick had come in one night and seen I was looking for someone to help with back of the house stuff, cleaning mostly and he recommended Rayn for it. Said the kid needed some real world experience. I was almost desperate so I hired him. He was great, always asked for more work, in hindsight I should have seen something was off. He was a real quite kid, worked super hard, but he was skittish and seemed uncomfortable around others."

" I started to notice bruise here and there, but when I asked him it was the usual excuses like he fell or bummed into something. After about three or four months he had come in for his shift with a black eye and that when I finally pulled him aside and made him tell me what was going on. I about lost it when he broke down and told me everything. From that moment on I basically took him under my wing the best I could,but he still had to live with the bastard. We set up a plan to get him out of there. We started setting money back, just enough each check and his tips so that Rick wouldn't catch on, so that he would have a decent place to live and money to live on till he found work.After he turned eighteen we were going to move him out here, but the plan was accelerated when he came to the bar bleeding. From what I could gather, him mom had lost it, she became a drunk after his father died. She attacked him with a knife leaving him with that nasty scar on his face." When Jeff finished talking all they could do was stare at him. "We had a suspicion that he had been through hell, but after hearing your side. I really want to know what the fuck actually happened to him." Asami chocked out. "It's not my place to tell you." Jeff apologized. "You're right its mine."All eyes shot up to the door way where Rayn was standing. "I thought you were asleep?" Goddric said softly. "I woke up and didn't want to be alone. I am guessing Jeff told you about my past?"Rayn was nervously shifting side to side as he said that.

*General Point of View Change – Rayn *

Rayn knew he needed to tell his mates about what had happened when he was still in his hometown. When he was still in the Red Water Moon Pack,but he was so afraid they would reject him. Them rejecting him would hurt more then all the abuse, all the times he was raped. He hadn't known them long, but he already loved them. However it was time to tell them. They deserved to know. He entered the office and sat in a chair facing all of them. "I guess I should start at the beginning." He said in a shaky voice and began to tell them about what had happened to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: The next Chapter Is going to tell about Rayn's Past. There will be Rape forced Prostitution, Mental & Physical Abuse as well as verbal abuse. I realize this will trigger some people. I my self am a rape survivor. I know what kind of told that can take on a person. If you need a shoulder or a hand. Message me. Am here for you. You are WORTHY, LOVED, BEAUTIFUL, and worth it!