Chapter 15

A/N: This chapter contains bloody violence toward the end. Its the first time I have wrote something like this so I am not sure how it will read. However I still hope you like it!

Chapter15

The Alpha guided the stunned group into the front room. Asami and Goddric had pulled Rayn protectively between them even though he had protested a bit. "I can see that you found yourself some amazing mates." The Alpha said a bit nervously. Rayn was desperately trying to calm his mates down. Asami had been growling almost non-stop and Goddric looked like he wanted to kill the Alpha standing before them."Asami, Goddric please calm down!" Rayn pleaded with them. "Calm down? You can't be serious!" Goddric hiss. "I know what you are thinking, but its not like that. Please." "Please what! He's your uncle and he just stood by and did nothing." Asami spat and if Rayn hadn't been holding him back it was clear he would have attack the Alpha. "I didn't stand by, I had no idea this was happening! If I had I would have done something." The Alpha growled before he sighed, guilt, helplessness, shame and anger shown in his eyes and face. "How could you not know! You are his uncle!" Asami spat at him, but Rayn could tell that they were starting to calm down slightly. "Lets sit and talk. Please guys. You need to hear him out!" Rayn once again pleaded. This time Goddric and Asami complied and cautiously took a sit on the sofa.

Rayn sat in Goddric's lap his, he was trying to calm his mates down. Their anger was both understandable and misguided. It need to be cleared up before a fight broke out. "To start off my name is Nathaniel, Nate for short. I understand that you think I just ignored what was happening but I assure you I didn't nor could I. I was stations in Germany. I just retired for the Army four months ago." Nate explained to them, Goddric and Asami relaxed slightly. "The last time I had any type of contact with Rayn was right before my brother died. Melissa never really like me and she cut all contact after Alex died. I have been stationed in Germany for the last two years, Korea for three years before that and Japan before that. So there was noway I had any clue about what happen. If I had...." All three of them could feel the rage and regret Nate was feeling. Asami and Goddric let out a breath, both of them let the logic of what Nate told them soak in. "He really didn't know huh?" "Seems so,but still. Rayn suffered, so what did he do to the ones that hurt him?" Asami asked Goddric through their link. "So why didn't you come to Rayn directly after you come here?" It was hard for Goddric to tone down his distaste for Nate. "About that. When I got here I found the pack had fallen to absolutely shit. I have been up to my eyes the last year trying to straighten this pack out. I am still struggling to be perfectly honest." "I understand sending Jeff, but did you know he was my uncle?" Rayn asked Jeff, both Asami and Goddric's attention snapped to Jeff. "If I had Kid you know I would have told you. I am as shocked as everyone else." That made sense to Rayn. He was pretty sure Jeff wasn't aware of Nate being family. The last time Nate had been in town Rayn was only three.

It was clear that Asami and Goddric where not happy about the fact the Nate had sent Jeff instead of coming himself, but after he had explained in detail about how poorly the pack had been managed and the amount of shit he had been working to fix it made since. The first thing Nate had to fix was the pack leadership and that had been a struggle in its self. The former Alpha had not made it easy, the two months after he had lost he spent trying to convince the pack that Nate wouldn't be able to run the pack and that they were fucked with out him. He also had to find a Beta, Gamma and warriors with he had managed to enlist his Army buddy to be his Beta, and the Packs Gamma was actually trying to do their job, but did better as a warrior. It took three months alone to reestablish pack hierarchy.Then he had to fixed the packs fiances, which he is still a mess apparently. Goddric offered to help if he wanted it and Nate agree instantly. Apparently fiances were not Nate's will house. Then everything came to light when Rayn's mom was beaten to death by Rick.