Chapter 22

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry about the delay. I have been dealing with a medical issue. I am better now, but chapters might be slower for a week or two.. Sorry in advance. Also this chapter is not the longest. I do hope you enjoy it none the less. Happy readings and thanks again for all the support!

Chapter22

A continual beeping sound filled his ears as he slowly came too from the unconscious darkness that he had been in. His eyes slowly fluttered open and he winced at the light that was flooding the room.He blinked a few times as he tried to get his barrings. He was in....a hospital? Looking around the room it was in fact a hospital room,one he recognized as the pack's hospital, and the beeping that had helps to arouse him was from unconsciousness was a heart monitor. If that wasn't confusing enough on its own, it was also painfully alarming that he was completely alone in the room. Panic started to momentarily set in just as the door opened, but the second his mates came into view it was replaced with overwhelming relief. They came straight to him, each grabbed one of his hands and giving him a reassuringly gentle squeeze. "Hey Little one." Goddric murmured to him. "...H-hey.." He managed to croak out, wincing at the slight discomfort it caused. "Shh... don't use your voice Love. Use the link. Your throat was bruised severally and it needs to heal some more." Asami explained to him, sorrow glazed over his mates eyes for a moment. Rayn made a move to sit up, but his mates stopped him.He whined and they rolled their eyes before helping him adjust the bed so that he was some what sitting up. He relaxed into the pillows and focused on their link. "I'm not dreaming right? You are really here? I am... I... this is real?" He asked fear dripping from every word. "No Love, this isn't a dream. We are really here.You are safe now." Asami assured him as he rubbed away a tear from his cheek. "I- I... I am.. so so sorry.." He stammered through the link. "No, shh.. you have no reason to be sorry Little one. You did nothing wrong." Goddric said as he tried to calm him down. "If any one is to be sorry, its us. We never should have left you alone. We failed to protect you..." Rayn cut off Goddric mid-sentence by grabbing onto his shirt and pulling him into a kiss. As he kissed Goddric he could see Asami pouting out of the corner of his eye. Once Goddric pulled away from their kiss he pulled Asami to him and kissed him with the same passion he had kissed Goddric. Fresh tears welled in his eyes as the relief of finally being back with his mates fully washed over him. "I missed you guys so much. I was so scared. All I wanted was to be back with you two."  He told them as he leaned back against the bed. "We missed you too Love.More then you will every know." Asami said to him as he pressed a kiss to his forehead before pulling a chair over and sat down. Goddric had perched himself carefully on the bed with Rayn so that he had him snuggled into his chest.

Before Rayn could ask them anything else there was a knock at the door and then the pack doctor walked in. "Hello Rayn, Alpha's, its good to see you awake finally." Rayn shoot a look at his mates. "You have been unconscious for three days Little one." Goddric informed him.The doctor nodded to confirm that he had in fact been out for the last three days. "I have to say I am blown away at how you survived so much." The doctor tsked as he walked over to the bed. "I am going to pull the covers down, okay?" He asked and didn't move them away until Rayn nodded. Once the covers were removed he noticed his left ankle was in a brace, as well as both legs were covered in bruises. There was also bandages around his calf and thighs. "I need to remove these bandages and check the wounds underneath, okay?" Again the doctor waited until he gave the okay. He was fine as the doctor undid the ones on his calves. However when he moved to the once on his thighs he began to panic. Goddric pulled him closer cooing calming words to him, the doctor also sensing the fear and panic had immediately removed his hand from him. "I need to make sure that the wounds on his thighs are healing properly, but it seems best if one of you removes the dressing." The doctor told his mates. Asami stood and with reassuring words and caresses, removed the bandages for the doctor. The doctor then moved to his chest and back. Only two of his ribs were cracked thankfully, but again more nasty looking bruises covered his upper body and back. Along with lots more scratches, nail marks and so beeper cuts where belts had bitten into his back. Then once the doctor was done checking throat,he paused nervously. "I need to.." The doctor cleared his throat."To, um check his rectal area." There was tension in the small room. "Little one." Goddric looked down at him. "I know you are, scared, but the doctor need to check... Shh... calm down Little one. It's going to be okay. We are here and nothing bad is happen to you." Goddric told him as his panic and fear started to overwhelm him. He calmed down as much as he could, but it was decided that the best course was to give him a mild sedative so that the doctor could do his job and not cause any more stress on Rayn.