Chapter 25

Today's the day of the ball Nathaniel sprang on me at the last minute, and I've been dreading it ever since I woke up. On top of that, today's also the last day I have with my beloved Nonna. I had already packed my belongings, including the clothes Nathaniel bought for me during this trip, and stuffed them in the trunk of the limo. The ball is at 8 PM, but Nathaniel hired an entire fucking glam squad set to arrive at 6 PM to get me ready for the extravagant event.

It was already 5:30 PM, and Nonna and I have done so much since then. This morning we went on a long stroll around the estate where she talked more about Isabella, then we went to the garden to continue our work from the other day. Afterward, we had a long brunch together before going into the living room and watching her favorite TV show until it was time for me to start getting ready.

"Don't forget ball gown in my closet!" Nonna called after me as I made my way up the stairs to take a shower.

"I won't!"

My shower didn't last very long, seeing that the glam squad arrived before I even hopped in, and I hate to keep people waiting. I quickly blow-dried my hair and slipped on a fluffy white robe over my bralette and lace panties before walking across the hall to a spare room where the transformation would take place.

"Oi, we have to get rid of these bags ASAP," the makeup artist gasped as I sat down to get the process started. Well, if you worked for the devil himself, you'd have bags like this as well, I wanted to say, but I chose to hold my tongue. For all I know, they could be spies the way Nathaniel seems to know my every move.

Three women were working on me simultaneously; one was occupied with the bird's nest on top of my bed; if she managed to make my hair look nice, I'd actually be impressed. Another was busy painting my nails and toes a beautiful crimson red color, while the last one was trying to work a miracle on my face. I didn't even realize how much I needed to be pampered until now.

The stress I've had since this morning suddenly disappeared, my shoulders weren't tensed from the anxiety that's built up from thinking about this event, and my body just seemed lighter as a whole. I wish I could stay here forever.

It took exactly an hour and a half before I was completely done with my makeover.

"Ready to see?" The makeup artist asked as she handed me a large hand mirror while the other two women smiled and stared down at me in awe at how everything turned out. I nodded eagerly as I grabbed the mirror, feeling a little nervous to see the finished product.

"Oh. My. God," I gasped in utter shock, not recognizing the reflection staring back at me. My normally wild and frizzy hair was now tamed and straightened, styled in a middle part with loose curls cascaded down my bronze shoulders over my collarbones. The foreign makeup on my face enhanced features I didn't even know existed. The bright red eye shadow painted on my eyelids that matched my freshly manicured nails is what brought my face to life. My simple makeup routine stood no chance against this elegant glam.

"I love it," I whispered, carefully touching my face to make sure I was real. "Thank you so much."

The women smiled again and said their goodbyes before leaving me alone to finish getting ready.

"Come in!" Nonna yelled as I knocked on her bedroom door. Her room was similar to mine, massive, with huge wide windows out-looking the garden and a nice queen size bed. Her walls were painted a deep green color making the room naturally dark.

"Come, come, dress in here." She led me towards her walk-in closet and flicked on the light, finally revealing the dress. Words could not begin to describe how stunningly beautiful it was. It was ball gown style with precious embroidery and handcrafted with gold sequins, silver gems, and shiny crystals. This dress must've taken hours of handcrafted work with its bundle of unique fabrics and materials. It had a low v-cut and a long slit reaching up to my hips. (See picture above.)