Chapter 57

Nathaniel calmly lifted my body off the desk to help me straighten out my dress and hair before reaching down and tossing my long-lost thong in my hands.

My eyes frantically darted around the office, searching for a place to hide Nathaniel's massive body, but all I could come up with was him hiding behind the door.

"Behind the door!" I hissed lowly, motioning for him to move as I quickly slid the thin fabric up my long legs.

A smirk formed on his lips, clearly enjoying my distress, but for once in his life, he did as he was told.

"Coming!" I squeaked loudly once the person behind the door knocked again. I knew they had heard the commotion going on inside with me scrambling off the desk trying to figure out what to do, so there was no use in trying to pretend I wasn't here.

Sweat trickled down my forehead as I made my way to the door, and I quickly swiped it away with the back of my hand before reaching for the doorknob with my damp palms.

Nathaniel sent me a quick wink as I pulled the door open slightly, coming face to face with one of the board members.

"Hello, Mr. Morris, how can I help you?" I chirped brightly, plastering a fake smile on my face. I kept the door cracked open just enough for him to see my face so he wouldn't think about trying to come in.

Mr. Morris adjusted the thick frames sitting on his sleek nose and nodded as he tried to peer behind me as if he was expecting Nathaniel to be there. "Have you seen Mr. Creed around?"

"No, I haven't; why?" I lied effortlessly, wondering what he wanted with Nathaniel, but Mr. Morris quickly shook his head and cleared his throat.

"No worries, I'll just find him later."

"Does this have anything to do with what he said in the meeting?" I blurted, stopping his pudgy figure from leaving.

I heard a low growl resonate in the back of Nathaniel's throat from behind the door, but I continued ignoring him as I waited for the board member to speak again.

Mr. Morris' cheeks were now flushed, probably from the lie that was getting ready to escape his lips. He chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his head, turning his attention back to me.

"Not at all, Ms. Faye," Mr. Morris cleared his throat as his eyes frantically darted around the busy hallway. "We—I just need to talk to him about some Finance Reports, nothing important."

I clenched my jaw and bit back the smart remark that was getting ready to escape my mouth. He was a horrible liar, but if I reacted the way I wanted to, it would only make matters worse.

"Well, that's a relief," I said instead with a bright smile. "Have a great day Mr. Morris."

"You too, Ms. Faye," he choked out before scurrying off in the direction of his office.

As soon as I shut the door and locked it, Nathaniel was in my face towering over me.

"Anastazi—"

"Oh my god, I feel like I'm gonna throw up," I mumbled, staggering back as I raked my fingers through my hair. "They're going to fucking fire me."

"They're not going to fire you," Nathaniel sighed heavily, taking a few steps forward to reach me.

I glared up at him. "They are going to fire me because you couldn't keep your fat fucking mouth shut."

Nathaniel's eyes suddenly darkened as he stalked towards me with a predatory look on his face forcing me to nervously back away until my butt came in contact with my desk.