Chapter 55

"I told you I didn't need you to pick me up," I mumbled as I settled into Nathaniel's sleek black Audi R8.

It was Monday now, and we were already heading back to work after our little romantic getaway. Nathaniel didn't want to come back until next week, but I was finally able to convince him that I needed to prove myself to the board, and I wouldn't be able to do that if I never showed up to work just because my boyfriend was the CEO.

I was still trying to get used to the fact that I have a boyfriend now, much less my boyfriend being Nathaniel Creed himself, something I would have never imagined in a million years, but here we are.

"Good morning to you too," Nathaniel murmured, reaching over my body to buckle me in. His fingers brushed against my breasts in the process, sending heat rushing down to my core.

The smell of his spicy cologne invaded my nostrils, and it took everything in me not to knot my fingers in his perfectly gelled hair and claim his mouth as my own.

I squeezed my thighs together to release the pressure building up as I watched him start the car and peel out of the parking lot of my penthouse. He wore a maroon tight fitted suit with a black button-down shirt making sure to leave the first few buttons open, revealing the top of his tatted chest. A silver Rolex hung loosely around his wrist, which matched the silver cuffs on his sleeves.

My eyes hungrily roamed his body, traveling up to his perfectly sculpted face taking in the loose strand of hair hanging low on his forehead, and his stubble beard edged to perfection. At that moment, all I could imagine was him stopping the car and finger fucking me until I came all over the leather seat—

"Anastazi," Nathaniel's throaty voice pierced through my thoughts, snapping me back to reality.

"Hmm?"

"I asked how you slept."

"Oh," I swallowed hard and nodded, trying to erase the dirty thoughts invading my mind. "Fine."

"Anastazi."

"Yes?"

"You're crushing my hand."

"What?" I squinted over at him in confusion and followed his gaze to find his hand I didn't even realize was there, sandwiched in between my pressed thighs.

"Shit, sorry." I quickly released him from my tight grasp and waited for him to free himself, but his hand remained glued to my skin.

"What were you thinking about?"

"You fucking me," I answered bluntly, daring to look him in the eyes when he glanced in my direction with a shock-ridden face.

"You can't say shit like that while I'm driving," he growled lowly, adjusting the growing bulge in his pants.

"Why not?" I whispered seductively, reaching out to palm his thick member, but he quickly caught my hand and interlaced our fingers before I could start anything.

A small smile appeared on my face at his sweet gesture but quickly faded due to my next thought.

"I need to talk to you about something," I mumbled, fidgeting with the hem of my dress.

Nathaniel's eyebrows shot up, but his face remained calm and collected. "Are you breaking up with me already?" He asked jokingly, his grip tightening on the steering wheel.

I laughed nervously, shaking my head, and squeezed his hand for reassurance. "No, but I want to pretend we did once we get to work."

"What?"

"If people know we're still together, they're going to be walking on eggshells every time they talk to me, and I don't want that kind of tension. I want to be treated like any other employee working for you."