Chapter 7

Nathaniel's jaw tightened in disbelief as his eyes flashed red with anger.

"I hope only good things," Jason smirked, gently placing a kiss on my outstretched hand. "I'm also very sorry to hear about your father and company; you have my deepest condolences."

"Thank you, Jason," I replied softly. "But Nathaniel here has been such a tremendous help in getting Faye Industries back together; I couldn't be more grateful for him." I lied through my teeth as I smiled, looking up to meet Nathaniel's glaring blue eyes. I felt his large hand grip my thigh tightly from underneath the table, silently warning me to shut my mouth.

"But we're not here for me," I continued. "Maybe we can take this conversation up another time, perhaps over dinner?" I suggested to Jason, smiling inwardly, knowing that the bully beside me was seconds away from blowing up.

"I'll hold you to it." He winked, turning his attention back to Nathaniel. As they began negotiating the contract and tying up loose ends, Jason would occasionally steal glances my way, sending me a quick wink causing blush to creep up to my cheeks. Nathaniel's stone-cold face never wavered from that expression throughout the entire conversation up until Jason signed the contract, closing the deal.

"It's always a pleasure doing business with you, Nathaniel," Jason said as they shook hands once more.

Nathaniel nodded curtly as he stood up to leave.

"And I'll be expecting a call from you," Jason stated, handing me his business card before placing a goodbye kiss on my hand.

"What if I lose the card?" I asked, prolonging this unneeded conversation. Nathaniel's fists clenched in the corner of my eye as he glanced at his watch, knowing he's seconds away from hauling me to the limo to threaten my life.

"I know where to find you," Jason chuckled, smoothing out his ponytail. After saying our last goodbye, Jason, unfortunately, left, leaving me all alone with Nathaniel. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of him right now, considering he threatened to bankrupt me just because he thought I put my meal on his tab. Which reminds me, I still need to apologize to Carter for lying to him and also thank him for standing up for me. But right now, I have a more troubling situation on my hands, so that would have to wait.

"Move," Nathaniel instructed roughly. Not wanting to push any more of his buttons, I did what I was told for once. As we made our way into the night, I began to walk slower, trying to buy myself more time before his wrath, but he instantly gripped my elbow and forced me to keep up with his long strides.

"I gave you specific instructions," He started calmly once we were settled inside the luxurious limo. "What the hell was that?"

"We got the deal didn't we?" I reminded him. "You should be thanking me if anything."

"We? Thanking you?" He scoffed, taken aback by my words. "Let's get one thing straight; we didn't get anything, I did. And if I needed your help with anything, I would've asked you to suck me off." He snapped, unloosening the tie around his neck.

"If you want me to apologize, we're going to be here all night," I informed him, ignoring his insult.

"You blatantly disobeyed my orders; if you think you're going to get away with that, you are sadly mistaken." He chuckled darkly. "Tomorrow, you'll report to my office at 4:00 AM sharp; I'll deal with you then."

Four O' Clock in the fucking morning? I hope he knows he will not be seeing me at that time of the day.

"And before you decide to open that smart mouth of yours to disobey my orders again, may I remind you that you're treading on thin ice here. I should fire you right now, but I have other plans in mind; I'm going to make you wish you never took this job opportunity. By the time I'm done, you'll be begging me to fire you." He assured me as he crossed his long legs.