Chapter 7: Back To Work

The next day, I'm kinda disappointed that I have to drive to work myself instead with Evan. He didn't explain why, but just said he couldn't pick me up today. I don't know why, but I start getting paranoid thinking our date was terrible. The rest of the night was amazing. For me. We just hung out, talked, laughed and watched the movie I picked out.

Just like...friends do.

Crap. Maybe he thought I friend zoned him. Maybe there's someone else.

Crap. Crap. Crap!!!

I've ruined it. What did I do?! Why didn't I cuddle or flirt or anything. Then again, we did hold hands.

Friends don't do that...right?

I have to clear my head to be able to concentrate on driving without wrecking.

When I get to the set, Evans car is already there. I park and head towards the house. When I walk in, I find Evan sitting in his chair, which is still right next to mine from the first day on set. He looks at his phone and when I sit next to him, he glances over at me. I continue to watch him.

"Hey..." I try to start a conversation. It doesn't seem to work.

"Hey." he simply replies without looking away from his phone. My heart sinks and I look down at my palms getting sweaty. I open my mouth to speak twice, yet nothing comes to mind. I want to tell him. He needs to know I'm not mad. That I loved spending time with him last night. And I wanted it to happen again. I didn't want just friends.

"I...uh...wanted to..." I start before he interrupts by quietly speaking,

"I think I'm gonna go get some...uh...water." he stands up and walks past the drink table, to the other end of the room, and out the door. Out of sight.

I stand up and start to follow him.  But decide against it.
Maybe this is what he wants. Maybe he doesn't want to be more than friends.

The rest of the day drags on depressingly. We get alot of show taped. But I know I wasn't doing my best. I was really off. Distracted, more like. Ever time we made eye contact, he tore away from my stare. And it crushed me every single time.

When I get my stuff the leave I take a second to look at our two chairs. Side by side.
Taissa Farmiga and Evan Peters.

I can almost see us sitting there. Newbies on the first day. Well I was the newbie. He explained everything. Told me all the stories and tips and secrets. We watched and talked and laughed together.

So what happened?

I see him leaving and I gather my stuff quickly, with a burst of energy, and race toward him at the door.

"I don't understand." I speak as soon as I approach. It's not harsh or rude. But truthfully confused. Because that's how I feel.

"What...?" he asks furrow in his brow. After we exchange a long look, I know he understands. He looks down at the ground before speaking.

"I'm so sorry, Taissa." he drags his show across the wooden floors.

"For what?" I almost whisper, not knowing what he means by this.

"I ruined everything. I ruined out sate. Our dinner. Our special night out." he looks back up at me before pulling me outside away from all the people. He doesn't sound sad. But angry and disappointed in himself.

"I told you it was fine. We still had fun. I told you it didn't matter. You seemed fine last night. What changed?"

"You don't understand. You need to know something. I really really like you. And I want to know you feel the same way. If not, that's okay. If you do, that's awesome." he paused and sighed.

"But after last night, I don't know, it just seemed like you didn't." looked back at the ground.

"I do. I was scared to death this morning when you didn't me up. I was expecting you to."

He instantly looked up and replied,

"You did? I'm really sorry. I didn't want to...bother you or anything. I don't know. It seems stupid now."

"It's not. I promise. I felt the same way earlier. I was afraid I friend-zoned you or something."

We both laughed a little.

"Well I'm glad we cleared that up." he looked up at me with that sake smirk back on his face that I absolutely loved. He was back. The guy that got my attention by throwing a grape into his mouth.

Best first impression ever in my opinion.