Chapter 5: Home Invasion

After Evan's "midnight call" I couldn't sleep for another hour. So now I tiredly shuffle around my kitchen trying to find the coffee maker. I click it on and hear the pitcher start to fill up. The smell makes me smile instantly.

I get dressed and gather my things so I can leave as soon as the coffee is done.

As I walk back to the kitchen I hear a car horn honk.

I look out the window and see Evan roll his window down and wave to me. I smile, wave back, and go back to the kitchen to get my coffee. I fill up my to-go cup and grab my purse and phone and head out the door.

It's still only 7 in the morning. The sun is just starting to shine through the mist and morning fog. I lean over beside the rolled down window and hear Evan.

"Come on. Don't wanna be late for day 2 of filming." he smiles as I open the passenger side door and climb in.

"Ready?" he asks.

"Ready." I nod and smirk.

He pulls out of the parking lot and down the road.

"Are you excited to get back to work."

"I don't know. I mean, calling it work makes it sound pretty crappy." I smirk and look out the window.

"Well, it's all about who you're with. For example, if I'm getting to work with you every day, it's always fun." he looks over and smiles.

"I guess that's true. I mean, if I was working with anyone other than you, it wouldn't be nearly as fun."

I look away, realizing I actually said that out loud, and hoping he didn't see me blushing.

I see him smiling to himself out of the corner of my eye.

"So about that date I promised..." Evan hesitates seeing if I react to what he just said.

"I didn't know that was actually happening." I said quietly.

"Well, of course it is!" he smiles excitedly.

"So I was thinking we could just go out to eat and then see a movie."

I nodded before asking,

"What restaurant?"

"Just this place called Eleven Madison Park. Not too shabby."

My mouth drops in awe. Eleven Madison Park is one of the fanciest restaurants in New York. One person eating alone would cost close to $30!

"Are you sure you want to pay for all that? It's gonna be really expensive."

He pauses, then looks over seriously and says,

"I think it's for a worthy cause."

I smile and look down at my hands in my lap before saying,

"Well how about this. We'll eat dinner at Eleven Madison Park, then instead of you paying more to see a movie, we just head to my place and watch a movie there. You can bring whatever movie you want."

"Sounds like a plan." he replies.

Then we pull into the set of American Horror Story to escape from my seemingly American Love Story.

Not that I really wanted to.