Chapter 4: Ring Ring

Beep Beep.

I rub my eyes and look at the alarm clock which reads 1:47. I lift myself up on my right side and reach for my blinking phone on the nightstand beside the bed in my new apartment.  After the first payment for AHS,  I was able to sell my old crappy one and get myself a better one.

The picture on my screen shows Evan's dimpled smile. I smirk to myself before clicking answer. 

"Good Morning, Taissa." I hear him energetically speak. I laugh and smile harder. 

"It's a bit early, don't you think?"

He jokingly replies, "Well you're the one who answered. What are you doing up this late anyways!? You should be sleeping by now. Tomorrow is a big day."

I reply, "Oh. I'm sorry.  This person just keeps calling. I can't seem to get them off my case." I laugh hoping he didn't think I was stupid. 

"Touche." he simply replies. I can hear him smiling though. 

"I just like talking to you."

I laugh before saying, "Well, the feeling's mutual."

There's a deep pause. I decide to cut it off by saying, "But you are right. Tomorrow is a big day.  Another day of filming for Murder House. And I don't want to be running on only 3 hours of sleep."

"Understood." he pauses before continuing. "But maybe, after filming, we can get dinner...?" 

I can tell he's nervous. He was very tentative and slow when he spoke that last sentence. As if he were thinking through each word as carefully as possible, not wanting to mess it up. The funny this is, that's exactly how I feel everytime I talk to him. I smirk to myself thinking about all of this.

"That would be great." I say, smiling again. "As long as you're buying. This new apartment has almost emptied my savings."

He doesn't hesitate to respond.

"What guy doesnt pay on the first date?"

Then we say our goodnights.

And I fall asleep...smiling uncontrollably.