Chapter 15: The Suite

When Evan and I get done with our meal, we head outside and wait for the valet to bring our car around. We get inside and I turn to Evan.

"Where did you say we were staying tonight?" I ask, curious if he has something planned or if we're just winging it.

"Oh it's a really nice place. You'll love it." He replies with a smile. I try to guess if he's being sarcastic or if he's just super excited about it. He looks at the clock and loudly speaks "Taissa Farmiga! You can not be telling me you're getting tired. It isn't even 9 yet!" He exclaims full of ecmxcitement. I can't help but laugh out of pure joy at how upbeat he is.

"Dont worry. I'm not going out on you yet. All that good food slowed me down. That's all." I smile and turn to the window. I stare towards the sun still sitting high, clinging to the sky even as the hours tick by. As if it's saying, I don't wanna go yet. Let me stay a little longer. Please.
Sounds like exactly how I feel. The only difference is the sun will eventually set. No matter how late. I'm hoping the fun we've had this week doesn't end so soon.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as we jerk over a speed bump while going through an open metal gate. The long driveway winds through the fresh cut grass and eventually leads to a giant cul-de-sac that has as many high buildings as the eye can see all around it. The center holds a giant fountain spewing fresh water out of the angel's mouth. I smirk at the fanciness of this place and we pull up the the building in the very front, smaller than the rest.
Golden letters over the doors read Registration.
I tilt my head up higher and read the hotel's name.
The Cincinnati Hotel
Pretty self explanatory. I smirk to myself as Evan walks in and returns with directions to our hotel and keys to get in. But these aren't just the crappy plastic cards that everyone has used five thousand times before. These are actual fancy metal keys that you would think shouldn't be used in modern hotels today.
We drive around the cul-de-sac and go down one of the roads that branches off of it. The sun seems to shine a more vibrant orange as it gives in to gravity and begins to set. We find our building, grab our luggage and head to the front door.

When we get to the room, Evan sees me eyeing the keys.

"Would you like to give it a go, Ms. Farmiga?" He says in a fake, overdone fancy accent.

"It would be my absolute pleasure, Mr. Evans." I reply with giggles. I take the sacred key and slowly unlock and open the room to our suite.
I instantly gawk at how fancy and big it is. There's a full kitchen with both an Island and a side bar. The living room has deep blue carpeting, gray curtains, and black leather sofas and chairs. The jet black coffee table holds all the hotel manuals, the TV Guide, advertisements; the normals. The large flat-screen hangs from the wall. There's 3 Windows about 3 feet wide and as long as the room that reveal the busy city below with its bright lights and loud noises. There's 2 bedrooms with king sized beds, TVs, desks, balconies, and sofas. One is a deep purple and grey. The other is has a deep red and beige color scheme.
I'm in awe at how nice it is. I think how much it probably costs.

"Ev. This is really too much. We could've stayed at a 2 star hotel for less money and it would've been fine." He instantly calms me down, reassuring my worries.

"It's fine. Really, I swear. I've got plenty of money to pay for it. Plus I've got a lot of discounts. I know a few people in this town that are more than willing to help me out. Plus, we're in Cincinnati! Let's just relax and have some fun. Let go of all the stress and worries and just let loose."
He takes both my hands in his and lightly swings them back and forth.

"Okay fine. But I'm paying you back. Someday." I respond.

"Mmm...no you won't." He simply States. I laugh and reply.

"And why is that?" I ask through a smile.

"Because I won't let you. That's why." He smiles in a ha ha. I win. sort of way. But I squint my eyes up at him, telling him that this isn't over. I will be paying him back. Maybe not soon. Maybe not all at once. But I will. Eventually.
And who would've known a small opportunity to help that cause would come so soon.
"Whadya say we head to the mini bar?" He shakes his eyebrows up and down at me. His crooked smile makes me give in. Despite how tired I am and how much my head is starting to hurt, I ignore it and I smile back the best I can.
I think of how he said we should be letting loose, having fun, relaxing.
Maybe a little "liquid courage" is just what I need to cheer me up a bit.

So we get dressed and head out the door towards the mini bar to hopefully loose stress and have fun.

Hey guys. Just wanted to say thanks so much again for reading and continuing to read and telling your friends about it. I'm so glad ur liking it. I've had some issues this week coming up with a conflict. A bigger one than usual.
So if you have any suggestions, I always love hearing them. It'll be a huge help. Might help me find some inspiration.
Also, I've had some troubles getting the pictures posted like I told you about last week. But I'm working on it nonstop and will hopefully have them up next week.
Again, thanks for reading. Hope you're enjoying.
-Alyssa D.