Chapter 2: Role-Play

I leave the party that afternoon thinking about nothing but the mysterious boy who I exchanged glances with. But luckily I would know his name soon enough. Brad and Ryan were holding a meeting before we started filming to discuss the roles we were going to play and what the show is gonna be about. But that's not what I really care about. I just want to know his name...

The next day I pull into the driveway of a large building. According to the big sign that glowed at the entrance, it was the FX headquarters. When I walk in, I ask the woman at the desk where the cast of AHS were meeting. She gives me directions. I walk to the elevator, up to the 3rd floor, and down the hall. As I walk up to the door, I suddenly feel nervous. I have to calm down and tell myself, They picked YOU for this. They wanted YOU to be in the show. This is exactly where you belong.

I open the door and walk into the room. Ryan welcomes me. In the room, I see a long white table with scripts and water bottles in front of all the chairs. Most of the cast are just hanging out since not everyone is there yet. So I walk over to a chair and put down my purse and phone. When I look up, I meet eyes with the boy across the room. He starts to walk over, but just as he takes a step, Brad tells everyone to take a seat to get started. He scrunches his nose in frustration and it makes me smile. He walks to the other side of the table.

Ryan stands up and starts to explain the show:

"Hello everyone. The show we've asked you to play a role in is called American Horror Story. And the first season, which you'll be in, is called Murder House. The main story is about a family who decides to move into the LA Victorian house you saw at the party yesterday. But they don't know of all the murders and horror that has occurred in that house before they got there."

He goes on the describe the different episodes and stories. He starts going over the characters. I get distracted flicking a loose piece of plastic wrapping on my bottled water. When I hear my name, I snap back to reality.

"Yeah?" I ask, dumbly. A few laugh. And others examine me like they're trying to get an idea of the type of person I am.

Ryan continues,

"You'll be playing the daughter of the family who moves into the house. Your name is Violet Harmon."

I nod and smile. I write it down on the notepad he provided for everyone. He squints at his clipboard harder. Eventually everyone is waiting for him to say something.

"Oh." He says brightly. "And you'll ALSO be playing the love interest of mister Evan Peters."

He gestures to the grape boy. My jaw drops slightly. But I decide to stop making myself look stupid and look down at the water bottle and nod slightly, trying to hide my blushing.

"His name in the show is Tate Langdon. So you guys should...mingle...?" Ryan pauses, as if questioning if his language is proper for our generation. Then shrugs it off.

I look up as Ryan comtinues. And Evan is staring at me with a big grin on his face. I can't help but smile at his adorable dimples. I feel my face get hot and try to hide it, hoping nobody saw.

But once more, I look up at Evan.

"Love interest." I thought to myself. I like the sound of that.