Chapter 20: Mr. And Mrs.

We pull into McAllister's and unbuckle.

"The museum is always fun, but food will always be the best part of any trip." I say as we walk towards the front door.

The sky has a gray overcast and a few small drops escape the sky.

"I've never met another girl as in love with food as I am." he smiles down at me before opening the door for me to walk in front of him.

We walk up to the counter and give the employee a smile.

"So, what looks good?" Evan asks staring up at the menu board.

"The Italian sub sounds great." I tell him, my mouth already watering at the thought of it.
We get our sandwiches ordered and take a seat by the window. It isn't too crowded and the soft music playing keeps the atmosphere casual.

"So we have to go back home tomorrow. And start working again." Evan slowly speaks in a low voice while poking his straw into the lid of his cup. I can tell he isn't excited to return.

"Thanks for the reminder, buzz kill." I smile at him jokingly. "I know. I've really enjoyed hanging out here with you. I don't ever want to go back." I look down at my hands on the table.

"Well then we'll have to plan another getaway very soon." he smirks at me and I begin to blush and smile.

At that moment, the employee shouts out,
"Order for Mr. And Mrs. Evans"

Evan and I look at each other before bursting out into laugher. I keep laughing to hide my face getting red. We go up to get our sandwiches from a very confused worker.

We sit and eat our sandwiches faster than I thought was humanly possible.

Just when we are about to leave, it starts to pour outside.

"Oh crap." I say, looking out the window at our car parked in the back of the parking lot. "Guess we're gonna have to run for it." I smirk at him as he squints out the window at the dark clouds above.

He takes off his coat and holds it over my head while I push the door open.
In a split second, we're running through the parking lot, laughing our heads off and getting soaking wet.

We finally reach the car and quickly climb inside. After the doors are shut, the rain picks up even more, creating a giant roar of sound over the car.

I look over to Evan as our laughs slow down to quiet giggles. He looks me in the eyes and I feel my stomach flutter. My head fogs and my heart races.
He leans in and I begin to do the same to meet him halfway.
When our lips meet, everything in my mind clears and the only think I can think of is my overpowering interest in this one boy. How much I want to be near him. How much I want to always hear his voice and laugh at the things he says. How much I love the feeling I get when he gives me a compliment or looks me in the eyes.

And in that moment I begin to fear for my life, because this will either be the best or worst thing to happen to me. And I'm terrified of not knowing which one it will be in the end.