Chapter 13: Reservation-Free

An hour later, Evan and I are pulling out of the crowded hospital parking garage. He tells me we left the game for the hospital around 5:00. He explains how everyone was freaking out about both me and the Reds getting a grand slam and winning the game. He tells me I slept for almost an hour before the meds wore off. When I check the radio clock in the car now, it reads 7:13 PM.

"Where are we going?" I ask him. He drums the steering wheel while we wait for a traffic light to turn green.

"I wanted to take you our to eat but maybe heading to the hotel would be better. You probably need the sleep. It's a long drive back tomorrow." He slowly finishes.

"Who says we have to go back so soon?" I ask in shock of his lack of rebellion. We both go silent, but I can hear us intently thinking of what to do next.
Then my stomach rumbles, reminding me I haven't had anything but junk food since breakfast. I absolutely refused to eat the hard macaroni at the hospital.
Evan laughs and gives in.

"Alright, alright. We'll go to eat. You definitely need that more than sleep right now." He smiles and I smile back at his dark shades and big dimples. "Then we can head to the hotel, get some sleep, go sightseeing tomorrow afternoon and leave around 5. Sound good?" He asks.

"Sounds good." I reply. "Where are we dining this fine evening?" I ask in a sarcastic stuck up tone. I glance out the window and notice it's still bright out. Nothing unexpected for this time of year, though. I look back to Evan for his response to my question.

"Somewhere where we don't have to have reservations."

*Sorry it's a little shorter than normal. I've realized I always get tired of writing them because they're too long and they take up too much of my time. So I'm hoping that by writing less, I'll be able to update MUCH more often.
Thanks again for reading! Vote it up, F4F, comment what you think.
Also, I wanted to let you all know these restaurants and places aren't made up, they're real. So I'll be commenting a picture of the restaurant after the next chapter.
Enjoy!*