Chapter 3: Pilot

After the cast meeting, we had to start filming soon. They gave us a script and 3 days. Before I know it, I'm walking up to the set for the first scene. Everyone is bustling around in excited confusion. I smile to myself at the fact that I'm going to be on TV.

The first scene is the twins entering the house and getting mauled in the basement. I watch the actors play out the scene. Afterwards, I decide to get some water. I turn a corner and run into someone.

"Oh shit." I exclaim. "I am so sorr..." I stop mid-sentence as I look up and see Evan. He just smiles, trying to contain a laugh. He points at me before saying,

"Taissa, right?"

I nod, unable to speak. He nods along and smiles. I blush and look down as I notice his dimples again. I try to keep my calm and break the silence.

"I was just going to get some water." I gestured to the cooler next to the snack table.

"Oh. Here." He gives me a water bottle he had in his hand.

"But, don't YOU need this?" I laugh, trying to be cool.

"Nah. I'll just get one later. They'll film you before me anyways."

I nod. Then another awkward silence creeps between us.

He grabs my arm suddenly excited.

"Come on."

"Where are we going?" I ask, looking around to see if anyone is watching us.

"I want to show you something."

He pulls me to a cast chair, the ones only the important people usually get to sit in. He dramatically gestures to the name on the back:
Taissa Farmiga

I laugh and look at it in awe, once again taken aback by what my life has become in just one week since I got the exciting call from Brad. Then I notice Evan is gone.

I sit in the chair and smile to myself as I look at one of the small screens in front of me that show what is being filmed.

When I look around, I see Evan approaching. He's carrying another chair. I squint my eyes in confusion and ask,

"What are you doing?"

He sets the chair beside mine and shows that it reads:
Evan Peters

Then he sits down beside me, smiles and asks,

"So what do you think?"

"Of what?" I ask, smiling back.

"All of THIS." He gestures to the set and all the cast and crew. Then he looks back to me waiting for a response.

"It's so... big. And everything goes by too fast to keep up."

He laughs and responds,

"I know what you mean." He sighs.

Then we just keep quiet and watch the scenes being filmed.

Soon, it's my turn to act. We film the car scene and when we first get to the house and decide to  buy it.

Next, I have to act out my first day at my new school when I almost get into a huge fight with another girl for smoking. The camera is focused straight at me as I walk forward, smoking a cigarette. Then, I get told off, I spit on the bitch, and run away. I hear "Cut!" and head back to my seat again for the next scene to be filmed, which I'm not in.

As I find my personalized chair, I see Evan staring as I walk over.

"What?" I ask him smiling.

"Nothing. You just looked so... intense in that last scene."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Intense, huh?" I smile.

He shrugs and replies, "Well, I was going to say smoking hot. But I decided to keep it professional." Then he smiles.

I smirk at him before walking to wardrobe, hoping he didn't see me blushing.

Then it's time to film the scene when Tate walks in on me cutting myself after his session with my "dad."

The cameras start rolling and I get into my place and rub the blade against my left wrist. The blade has fake blood on it so when it runs against my skin, it looks like its really causing me to bleed. But I've never done scenes like this before. So "fake cutting" and all that kind of stuff is new to me.

So when we're filming the scene, Tate says,

"You're doing it wrong. If you're trying times kill yourself, cut vertically. They can't stitch that up."

I turn around and say,

"How'd you get in here?!"

And he replies,

"Also, if you're trying to kill yourself, you might want to try lock in the door."

He smirks and leaves. I turn back to the mirror in shock.

Then Brad calls "Cut!"

I instantly throw down the blade and hold my wrist. I wince in pain. As soon as he hears me, Evan rushes over as fast as he can with concern in his eyes as he looks at my wrist.

"Are you okay? What happened?" he asks me quickly.

"I guess I'm not too good at taking just yet." I laughed to myself, trying to distract from the pain.

Soon, I have a bandage on my left wrist where the fake blood is replaced by my real blood. But I don't let it stop me. I get right back to acting.

Next, we have to film the scene right after we scare my "frenemy" in the basement. I have to tell Tate to get out of my house. Which is going to be interesting considering how he's been acting around me lately.

We get to our spots, and begin. The cameras roll, Brad calls "action!" and I look him in the eyes and scream,

"Get out! I never wanna see you again!!!"

I run up the stairs from the basement. Then I hear evan shout,

"I thought you weren't afraid of anything!"

I get my bag and my sunglasses and get ready to leave the house when I'm stopped by Evan.

"Hey. I just wanted to tell you that you did amazing for your first day." he smiles.

"Thanks." I reply. "But I think I still need to work out a few more details." I smirk guesturing to my left arm with the bandages still on it.

He laughs and I awkwardly wave as I continue walking out the door.

"Wait!" I hear him call.

I turn around and raise my eyebrows and smile slightly.

He says,

"Can I get your number?"